route in england?

ThatGuyOnABike
ThatGuyOnABike Posts: 198
edited June 2008 in Tour & expedition
o.k i posted something similar but no one replied and i think i didn't make myself clear and asked too much...

all i want is a suggestion as to an easy rout with campsites every 50 or so km starting somewhere on the out skirts of london or accessible from london, preferably accessible by train so it is cheap. no inner city cycling please. nice and easy that would take a week or so and visit some interesting places.
any suggestions would be much appreciated
In the valley of high oil prices the cyclist is king!

Comments

• i don't know if this is any help and i live 200miles from london, but since there have been no other replies...ctc mag apr/may has the final feature "escaping the city" using grand union and prince regent canals. tube to richmond (allowed before 7.30) ok this is a day ride but the article mentions that the main canal continues to birmingham. maybe you can construct an itinerary based on the canals?
  • wow, i sorted it out now but thanks and seriously that is a very very good idea which i will give serious thought to as a trip after the one i just managed to scrape together. i am going to dunkerque just cos i found a deal to there at £20 return by ferry, it's not in england but hey i can get a lift to dover no probs and my friends have come around to cycling in europe which was my initial plan all along. there are loads of campsites marked on my maps and i'm marking more so it should be easy.
    thanks anyway, that is a great idea for the future. and starting in richmond, wow that would save loads of money. and i know the lingo...
    In the valley of high oil prices the cyclist is king!
  • alex15
    alex15 Posts: 4
    Have a look at this for camping tours inEngland I think this would assist you.