Stolen GT avalanche

GibboGT
GibboGT Posts: 287
edited June 2008 in MTB stolen
Hello, first time poster here.

Just looking for a little community help. I live in Brighton and cycle to and from work at the University of sussex campus. Today unfortunately I went to leave work, to find my bike gone and my bike lock cut on the floor.

If anyone sees it for sale anywhere I would be most appreciative if they could let me know. It is a 2006 no disc GT avalanche 1.0 with panaracer semi slicks and DMR V8 bright blue pedals.

looks like this but with blue pedals.

Any help would be appreciated, it enfuriates me that there are people in the world like this. Phoned security and they said it was the third one reported stolen today on campus.

My recommendation, don't buy a bike lock for less than £50, I had a £30 kryptonite chain and it doesn't seem to have done a thing to prevent the theft!

Comments

• Pippen33
    Pippen33 Posts: 235
    I'll keep my eye out. You could always upgrade with a student loan.
    spammer
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Sorry to hear mate but its proven that even expensive motorbike locks take seconds to brake with the write cutting tool thats readily available.

Best way to secure a bike is have 2 seperate, different locks such as a chain and D lock but even then that wont help against the determined theif.

Sucks.
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Sorry to hear your bike was taken. If you spot it don't bother with the police sort it yourself :wink:

I'd keep an out on eBay and your local rags. Did you have it insured?
  • GibboGT
    GibboGT Posts: 287
    Its just really annoying tbh, insured up to £300 on house insurance, I though it was 1k but turns out bikes are different, cost more than that to replace though, and there is a small excess on that.

A friend had his nicked a few years ago, it was worth a lot more than mine, but was totally unique, saw someone on it a month later follwoed him home, got some friends, knocked on the door and asked for it back,, it was returned and left at that.