Ribble Audax Winter Frame

thexvw
thexvw Posts: 135
edited June 2008 in Workshop
Hi, anyone got one of these frames ?. I know its a bit early to be thinking of winter just yet but as these are on offer at the moment its got me thinking. I would like a frame that can take full mudguards but also 25mm tyres. I know that ribble say 23mm but I am just wondering if anyone on here has actually tried a 25mm or perhaps 23\25 roubaix tyre ?

Thanks

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    edited June 2008
    I've got 25s on it, and I think it'll just take guards.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • rdaviesb
    rdaviesb Posts: 566
    It'll take 25s wtith mudguards, no problem. With a bit of fiddling with the mudguard mounts, you can even get 28mm tyres on.
  • thexvw
    thexvw Posts: 135
    Thanks, how do you find the frame ?
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Frames brilliant value for the money and 25mm tyres are no problem. I've had mine for over two years now.
  • e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    It's a great frame for the money. I've done 5000 miles on mine with no problems. Careful of the sizes they are advertised centre to centre rather than centre to top which seems to be the norm these days
    What ever you do don't get it in black it's matt and is a pig to keep clean.
  • It's a great value purchase. Check sizing for real if you can though, I'm on my second frame as the Ribble sizing guide was way out.

It's a bog standard alu frame. Nothing exciting, but it does what it says on the tin. The only issue I have is that the Alpina forks could do with a bit more clearance under the crown arch for full length SKS mudguards, it's really tight.
  • rdaviesb
    rdaviesb Posts: 566
    Agreed. Top tube length is really long. Base your frame size on that more than seat tube length. Detail are on Ribble's site. I've had mine two years, it's now got about 10,000 miles on it; have taken it all over the place; even light touring.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I'm struggling to get my 25mm tyres to work with the 'guards - any hints?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr