Wiggle.co.uk not working/loading

OllyUK
OllyUK Posts: 230
edited May 2008 in MTB general
Whenever I try to access wiggle, my browser just freezes up for a few seconds then displays "Firefox can't find the server at wiggle.co.uk" this also happens on Internet explorer and has being doing so for over a week now. My ISP is AOL and I think that could possible have something to do with it.

Is this happening to anyone else, or would anyone be able to hazard a guess as to what is causing this?

Thanks,

Olly

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Works fine for me (Firefox & Virgin B-Band)
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    fine for me with FF.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • OllyUK
    If possible could someone with AOL as their ISP try and then report back if it works? I'm pretty sure it isnt a browser problem as it doesnt work on both IE and FF for me.

Cheers,

Olly
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    Yup have just ordered some shiny new disk brakes, no probs (FF & Plusnet)
  • OllyUK
    The reason I'm keen to get wiggle back is that they should be due to have the Charge spoon's in stock fairly soon. :D
  • OllyUK
    Also, could someone please copy and paste the text from this link:

www.wiggle.co.uk/CustomerServices/AOL.aspx

I thnk it may have the answer, yet I cant access it :?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    OllyUK wrote:
    Whenever I try to access wiggle, my browser just freezes up for a few seconds then displays "Firefox can't find the server at wiggle.co.uk" this also happens on Internet explorer and has being doing so for over a week now. My ISP is AOL and I think that could possible have something to do with it.

Is this happening to anyone else, or would anyone be able to hazard a guess as to what is causing this?

Thanks,

Olly
    OllyUK, I'm almost certain that your problem is due to AOL. They've been having some issues with their DNS servers recently.
    There is a way to fix it yourself though, and it's pretty easy, But i'll need to know which OS you're running (XP, Vista, OSX, or Linux)
  • OllyUK
    I'm running windows XP professional
  • Anonymous
    OllyUK wrote:
    I'm running windows XP professional
    Ok, cool. Here's how to get around the problem.

open control panel, then go to Network Connections.
    Right click on the icon for the one you use to access the internet.

click on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
    then click on Properties.

Now, most things will probably be set to obtain adress automatically, this is fine. whatever the case, don't change anything apart from
    "Use the following DNS server adresses"
    in the two boxes, enter the following values

Then click OK twice.
    This will tell your computer to ignore AOL's faulty DNS servers, and use OpenDNS's servers instead, which are free to use, and very reliable.

You might have to restart your machine for the changes to take effect.

hope that helps.

EDIT:
    Oh, and if you're still unsure, they have a better written walkthrough on their website here
    https://www.opendns.com/start
  • OllyUK
    Fantastic, it now works :D

Cheers,

Olly
  • Anonymous
    No worries, I had the same problem myself a while ago.

I called their tech department to tell them about some problems in their servers, and all I got was
    "I'm sorry sir, what router are you using"

bloody useless tech support! :lol:
    Their connection is excellent though, very fast, and very reliable.