To pants or not to pants

thefartingcockeral
thefartingcockeral Posts: 394
edited May 2008 in MTB general
Dear all, doing the london to brighton in 2 weeks time. I have a serious question, I will have shorts on with a chamois pad, but do I need tro wear anything underneath apart from drapolene for the chaffing. I know you buggers will wind me up but serious advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    go combat with some proper lycra cycling shorts under some baggies.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Dear all, doing the london to brighton in 2 weeks time. I have a serious question, I will have shorts on with a chamois pad, but do I need tro wear anything underneath apart from drapolene for the chaffing. I know you buggers will wind me up but serious advice will be appreciated.

Absolutely not, use your padded shorts as underwear. Imagine wearing your grots underneath! AAAARRRGGHHH!!! :shock:

Also, cleanliness is next to godliness!! :wink:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    if your shorts are of the lycra type you should be ok, i wear baggies evn on the road so need to wear something underneath. that said, my ar$e is like a big ball of edam getting cut in half.
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    As said above use the padded shorts as underwear,they are seamless so they wont rub like normal underwear does. I always wear baggy shorts over the lycra though as my legs are not up to it,I'm often asked the question ' What are those 2 bits of string hanging from your shorts? ' :oops:
  • Hi, thanks for the advice.
    I was going to wear my lycra/spandex cycling shorts with a pair of baggies over the top. Nice one fellas.
  • Actually I have a pair of altura padded undershorts in my drawer, so they should do the job under my baggies. The baggies also have a padded insert. Does that sound Ok.
    I can post pics if you want?!!! (sounds perv to me)
  • janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    I always wear padded undies along with my lycra or baggies.Get them from Aldi or Lidl when on offer.never had a sore bum yet!