Moaning thread

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited September 2008 in The Crudcatcher
The weather is crap, I have no money, no England in the footy, the dog stinks and I just burnt the roof of my mouth on a pizza and loads of stringy skin is hanging down now.

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    hehe

my shed roof leaks, I've not ridden in 10 days, I have a stag do to organise & collect about £1k from the other Stags within the next 2 weeks

I have a best man's speech to write for a wedding in a month

all my mates are off to a festi this weekend while I'm at work

and I'm sober
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • supersonic
    I got some red wine, so all is not loast hehe. Don't envy the best man thing.

But I did do a short ride today!
  • cosworth
    cosworth Posts: 66
    im skint and my gears decided to f*ck up yesterday so should be looking at a fair bit of money for that.
    all my mates are blaging on about the leeds festival but i cant go due to ridiculous amout of money for ticket :x

BUT
    im pissed
    and i should be taking delivery of a 40" sony lcd tomorrow (reason for being skint)
    and im going to my local bike track on sunday ( HAMSTERLEY 8) )
    so all isnt bad :roll:
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    need a new rear rotor after bending my vented disc going over the handlebars in a rock garden. £80 to get a new hope vented disc!! f**k that i'll just a "normal" floating one for the rear which will be plenty good enough and only £35 too.
    a bit short on cash too after getting some body armour.
    the house is a mess and the parents are back tuesday (after a month away admittedly)
    could do with some female attention these days.
    got a hell of a lot of digging/fine tuning to do on our new jumps

on the good side. i still really love my bike and can't wait to test it some more on DH and freeride stuff. XC i can do easily now so happy with that
    our new jumps are truly gorgeous. will get a thread up to show them off asap.
    still love my bike too
  • supersonic
    Get a ten quid ebay rotor for riding when you are likely to damage it, and a floating one for showing off! ;-)
  • cosworth
    need a new rear rotor after bending my vented disc going over the handlebars in a rock garden. £80 to get a new hope vented disc!! f**k that i'll just

yeh i agree with supersonic just get a cheapish one. £80 is very steep imo for a rotor :?
  • supersonic
    What yer done to your gears Cosworth? Sounds terminal!
  • xcracer
    xcracer Posts: 298
    You guys have it easy.
  • supersonic
    That's a good day for me... should see the bad ones ;-)
  • cosworth
    i have been trying to do stoppies and get my endos perfect as they have always been abit cr*ppy. but after about 100 times of doing it my front brake has gone abit soft and not working fully working (shimano xt disc brakes) and when i pedal hard either on flat land or uphill the gears skip alot and results in me either getting my pedals dug in to my shins which are now cut in many places or my knee batting in to my stem and getting massively bruised :? :x :evil: :x :evil:
  • supersonic
    Could be worn chain/rings/cassette or even a slipping freewheel. Not just need adjusting?
  • cosworth
    i had it serviced a few month ago and they put a new chain, new xt cassette and checked over the gears fully, i have had a mess about adjusting them and nothing seems to work :evil: i spent £180 on it not long ago which was a service, new xt rotors and most new gearing, dont know whats happened but its pi$$ing me off, legs are covered in cuts and bruises. atleast ive got my endos sorted :wink:
  • supersonic
    Be suprised if it has won that quick, but saying that, depends on conditions and XT rings are not know for longevity.
  • cosworth
    i think ill take it back to my lbs (bikescene) and see what they say cant stand my knees/shins getting battered anymore.....
    thanks supersonic :D:D
  • Girlfriend insisted on coming round and waking me up drunk at 4:30am, I'm not good that early in the morning.
    Lost the allen key I need to tighten my cranks.
    Whole bike needs a proper overhaul but I don't have any money. It's just loads of little things like new cables, brake pads, tyres etc. but it adds up quickly.
    Trails near me don't drain well and are likely ruined after the rain we've had this week.
    After 5 years I'm finally leaving uni in 4 weeks and I know I'll miss it.
    After 5 years at uni I now owe over £20,000
    Bit of an odd one, but I'm over organised and have too much time left to finish off the uni work I have to do. Don't work well unless I'm under pressure so it's difficult to find motivation.
    We've run out of washing up liquid.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Working the full weekend and all next week too. In laws coming Tuesday for 3 weeks!!!! I like them but 3 weeeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise all is fine 'n dandy
  • I/'m a right miserable bastard but despite working all weekend and working all early shifts this week (meaning I slept for 13 hours yesterday to catch up and still another early day today!!)... wearing my fave shirt, had a shower, listening to some nice house music in my lovely clean living room with my wife at my side - I can't think of a single negative thought.

You may now resume being grumpy :)
    Train hard, ride easy
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    broke my seat post yesterday.
    Still having to wait for new forks to arrive.
    Having to work next saturday.
    A few jobs coming up next week where I have to travel further than I can be arsed.
    Still haven't got round to getting my car door replaced.
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    No money
    Soon to out of a job 'til after the summer
    Gotta find a job
    Bike needs a clean
    In and out of hospital all next week
    My mate's got my PS2 til wednesday
    I have no food only beer
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sunburned my head.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    my lbs had my bike for 3 WEEKS just to fit some shifters and rear mech!!!!!!
    all good now though lovely shiftin :P
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • lexiekay
    lexiekay Posts: 379
    I have about a million itchy bites on me after riding Whites Level on Saturday, im back in work after a week off, and im skint despite being paid last week. And I've got to clean the house this evening because I bought my bike inside yesterday and it got mud everywhere.
  • gk141054
    gk141054 Posts: 175
    Two things....

Dog sh*t :evil:

Nettles :evil:
  • 1340jas
    1340jas Posts: 217
    Supersonic, sorry to hear about your woes.

Check the roof of your mouth again. I'm no doctor but you might find the stringy skin is cheese?
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    gk141054 wrote:
    Two things....

Dog sh*t :evil:

Nettles :evil:

My local trails are coverd in both
    and this weekend i got knocked off my bike by a horses arse, in to trees
    Its monday.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    My current bike is falling apart...need to get it seen too but dont have time...

Keep having to dip into my new bike fund to pay bills and bunk like that...my riding buddy has messed his ankle up and isnt up for some proper riding.

My dog decided he likes rolling about in crap and now my house stinks.

Lost one of my gloves - so need to buy a new set.

People drive past the shop laden with bikes going to CC and mocking me!

my showers broke, and my bath takes 3 days too fill - so I am a bit humming atm.

and i've ran out of chocolate fingers :(
  • supersonic
    Hayfever today. But its my brothers 28th birthday, so going to sample a few beers ;-)
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Spent £1400 on a holiday at the weekend

Bust my rear hanger on Thursday (New hanger, chain and jockeys)wife not happy (should've used the money for holiday spending!)

Rear hydraulic disc on the 'dale is as spongy as Bob's pants and refuses to be mended (even after several visits to LBS)

Can only keep 2 out of 3 bikes running at any one time

1 out of 3 bikes always needs money spent on it

Riding tonight :D (hope I don't break anything!)
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    nothing the world is fine and dandy as my 100+ bites have stopped itching today..

actually tell a lie my car needs £500 worth of work doing to it for its mot
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Can't get no sleep (or riding), 2 week old baby in the house and I've got wait at least a year before I'm allowed to buy him a bike. Just hiding in here for a few mins till his nappy gets mysteriously changed by the nappy changing fairy :lol: .
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result