Diameter of seatpost ... help! (Marin Nail Trail)

judith_sw
judith_sw Posts: 101
edited May 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi,

I'm interested in possibly getting a suspension seatpost at some point - I can't afford a full-suspension bike for the time being, but I know there are quite a lot of people out there who rate the suspension seatpost, while acknowledging that it won't make a hardtail into a full susser!

My question is really regarding gauging the diameter of the existing post. The current one on my bike (Main Nail Trail 2001 - pervious owner had never used it!) is a bit scuffed and faded, but it looks like it says 27 0 and seems to measure out at that. USE Sumo XCR comes in 27.2 ... will it be OK? Can anyone with a Nail Trail confirm this is the right diameter or is there any way I can find out for sure?

Thanks,

Judith :lol:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    if the old is 27.0 then the 27.2 will NOT fit.

check the Marins seat post diameter.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • judith_sw
    judith_sw Posts: 101
    Thanks Nicklouse, you've almost certainly save me a lot of hassle.

I have checked about 10 times and the post certainly appears to be 27mm, so I've gone for the SX (good price on dotbike.com). Will check a million times more before I fit it! However, I'm pretty sure it does say 27mm on the actual post.