What to eat

Harry B
Harry B Posts: 1,239
edited May 2008 in The bottom bracket
I'm taking part in the Chiltern 100 on Sunday (I'm only doing the Corto Fondo though :oops: ). What should I have to eat on Saturday evening? I hate pasta and only really eat meat and potatoes. I was thinking of fish or chicken and chips from the excellent chippy in Ruislip Manor :D washed down with just a couple of beers

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Anything rich in carbs should do the trick (although pasta works best for me):
    - rice
    - bread
    - tatties / chips
    - beer (but not too many :x )
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Harry B wrote:
    I'm taking part in the Chiltern 100 on Sunday (I'm only doing the Corto Fondo though :oops: ). What should I have to eat on Saturday evening? I hate pasta and only really eat meat and potatoes. I was thinking of fish or chicken and chips from the excellent chippy in Ruislip Manor :D washed down with just a couple of beers

Whilst I don't have the experience of cycling events, I've done hundreds of races (running). I wouldn't do anything special to prepare, unless you are used to doing it. You don't want to introduce anything new to your diet especially for this, then end up with a dodgy stomach or feel rough in any way.

Although if your usual Saturday night routine is 15 pints down the local I'd probably not advise that!

Introduce new things to your diet if you want to see if they make a difference during training, then replicate them to your race/event build up if they work.
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    [/quote]Although if your usual Saturday night routine is 15 pints down the local I'd probably not advise that![/quote]

Have you been speaking to my wife :shock: