Wait for 2009 Marin or not?

pinch
pinch Posts: 9
edited May 2008 in MTB buying advice
I am in the market for buying a new full suspension. I am certain I have narrowed it down to a Marin Mount Vision. What I am stuck on is do I cope with my old bike till the 2009 bikes come out or do I just go with the 2008 now?

Will the 2009 bike be much different/better and will I kick myself? Does anyone know of any specs/pictures yet?

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    If you wait for the '09 (dunno the release dates) you should be able to get an '08 at a reduced price ;)
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    edited May 2008
    You may find on the 09 model the forks will have a maxle axle to make the front end stiffer.
    Also the rear shock maybe upgraded to.
    And the bike parts may be tweaked or changed.
    I personaly wait and see what the 09 model is and then buy that or buy the
    08 model at reduced price.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    grantway wrote:
    You may find on the 09 model the forks will have a maxle axle to make the front end stiffer.
    Also the rear shock maybe upgraded to.
    And the bike parts may tweaked or changed.
    I personaly wait and see what the 09 model is and then buy that or buy the
    08 model at reduced price.

That's what I'd do too
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    Before you decide you're going to wait and buy a 2008 Mount Vision in the sales, you might want to look into their current stock levels.

I'm sure somebody on here said there were none available.

It's obviously one of this year's hot bikes, so don't count on getting it at a discount later in the year.

Personally, I've always gone for discounted previous year models - but I think you have to pick wisely and go for an excellent bike which somehow hasn't become as popular as others.
  • peelerdh
    peelerdh Posts: 40
    mount visions are sold out for the year! so if you can get one get it now as bike prices will be rising next year!