New member :)

JHG
JHG Posts: 24
edited May 2008 in The bottom bracket
I have been reading this forum for some time as a guest and decidet to join. I have looked at many forums from many countries but this is the only one I look at almost daily.

I am from Reykjavík Iceland. I have been using mountain bike for some time but recently I bought 2006 Trek 5200. I havent used it yet though because I havent found bicycle shoes in my size (will probably have to buy it online) but it has Shimano R540 Clipless pedals. I cant wait to use it, if I have to wait some time for the shoes I will probably buy some regular pedals.

So you can say I am a beginner in Road Bike (well, I owned one when I was a kid...).

Jon H.
Jon H. Gudjonsson
2012 Cube LTD Race
2006 Trek 5200

Comments

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Welcome Jon.No fish jokes promise :D
    bagpuss
  • davelakers
    davelakers Posts: 762
    JHG wrote:
    I have been reading this forum for some time as a guest and decidet to join. I have looked at many forums from many countries but this is the only one I look at almost daily.

I am from Reykjavík Iceland. I have been using mountain bike for some time but recently I bought 2006 Trek 5200. I havent used it yet though because I havent found bicycle shoes in my size (will probably have to buy it online) but it has Shimano R540 Clipless pedals. I cant wait to use it, if I have to wait some time for the shoes I will probably buy some regular pedals.

So you can say I am a beginner in Road Bike (well, I owned one when I was a kid...).

Jon H.

How are things after the earthquake?

Quite a one big by all accounts?
  • Red Rock
    Red Rock Posts: 517
    Hi Jon, welcome to the forum.

After being a long time mountain biker myself, last year I bought my first road bike and I was amazed at how easy it goes up hills. You'll love it.

Red Rock
  • JHG
    davelakers wrote:
    How are things after the earthquake?

Quite a one big by all accounts?

Yes it was pretty big but all houses over here are built for it. No casualties and no big injures. Just minor damage on the roads and houses. My boss was in the elevator and he though the lift was broken, it wasnt untill he got out he found out the house was moving :lol:

At my office some books fell to the floor but no damage.
    Jon H. Gudjonsson
    2012 Cube LTD Race
    2006 Trek 5200
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    hi and welcome 8)
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • JHG
    Thanks for warm welcome. Can somebody recommend a good online store for bike stuff?
    Jon H. Gudjonsson
    2012 Cube LTD Race
    2006 Trek 5200
  • lateralus
    lateralus Posts: 309
    Welcome. :)

two of the favourites are www.wiggle.co.uk and www.chainreactioncycles.com