Price for fitting??

beany1111
beany1111 Posts: 11
edited May 2008 in MTB general
Hello all, thinking of getting a full groupset fitted, what sort of money do the lbs charge for doing it and how long would it take???

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what condition is the bike in?

what rates do your LBS charge?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • beany1111
    beany1111 Posts: 11
    Bike is in fairly good condition, few marks on frame where the laquer has gone but apart from that pretty good. I havent got a clue what the lbs rates are, thats why I asked the question. The only bike shop Ive been to in last 5 years has closed down.
  • James_F
    James_F Posts: 137
    Just phoe around one or two, there's no obligation if you're just getting a quote
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If you buy parts from the shop, some might be fitted for free or reduced rates. If you buy a groupset off the web and take it in, expect to pay top whack, maybe 50 quid.
  • MontanaGMT
    MontanaGMT Posts: 36
    Fit it your self. Its not to difficult and will save you money in the long run, once you have the tool.

£35-50 sounds about right for fitting a group set. I wouldn't expect much of a discount for getting them to fit the parts you brought from them.