edited May 2008 in MTB buying advice
Well Summer does'nt seem to be round the corner so I need a new Jacket
any ideas?

Budget upto £ 130.00p

Thank you

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    What sort of jacket do you want, what are your priorities? breathablility or waterproofing?

I use a howies 8 miler (now called the extra miler) it's very breathable, lightweight & showerproof.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    Thanx Andy_B Yes would have to be waterproof and breathable as
    out all day riding.
  • Pace make a nice Event jacket-can't remember if it is called the 3x3 or the 4x4. Also check out Gore Phantom soft shell or stretch your budget slightly to that new Endura softshell at £150.
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Can`t reccomend the Gill Pro Speed highly enough.Waterproof,yet not boil in the bag hot.Good cut,good price.Excellent bit of kit.£80 from wiggle.

I used to have the Howies extra miler,very breathable,looks nice,but showerproof only,and the hem /drawstring came unattached so it went back.£100 is a lot for something thats only showerproof.

If you only need showerproof get something like the Montane Velo which folds up into a tiny pack when you don`t need it,is windproof,and only £40.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • psilocybe
    psilocybe Posts: 119
    Can`t reccomend the Gill Pro Speed highly enough.Waterproof,yet not boil in the bag hot.Good cut,good price.Excellent bit of kit.£80 from wiggle.

I used to have the Howies extra miler,very breathable,looks nice,but showerproof only,and the hem /drawstring came unattached so it went back.£100 is a lot for something thats only showerproof.

If you only need showerproof get something like the Montane Velo which folds up into a tiny pack when you don`t need it,is windproof,and only £40.

Another Gill Pro Speed user here, its like a £140 Endura Event thingy but without pockets. Great coat tbrhwua.
    Orange 5 AM
    Giant XTC Alliance 1
    Charge Duster SS
    Unbuilt Maxlight XC3Pro