getting a new bike

bigfoot36954
bigfoot36954 Posts: 40
edited May 2008 in MTB beginners
well currently i have a trek 4300 07 21" frame (hardtail) its starting to get a lil small for me. so when i get a new bike what brand should i go with? this is what i want it to have disc brakes front and rear (hardtail) 24"frame w/ or w/o clipless. anything but specialized is fine i'm willing to try out different brand names then trek.
6' 3" and size 17 shoes(us) only 16 and i ride a trek 4300 07 (got it on 2-7-07) and i have 470 mile on it. with countless scars.

Comments

• BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    You will really struggle to find a 24 inch frame I think. Most I've seen from mainstream manufacturers is 23. Budget?
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • i know trek has a 24 in frame like a said i'm willing to change manufactures and even if its close to 24 thats fine with me i'm just looking for suggestions.
    6' 3" and size 17 shoes(us) only 16 and i ride a trek 4300 07 (got it on 2-7-07) and i have 470 mile on it. with countless scars.
  • BlackSpur
    Scott's XL size has a 23.6 inch seat tube. Have a look at the aspect range.
    http://scottusa.com/category/62/aspect
  • ok now is that bike only sold where? in the us or in europe?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Remember sizes vary from one brand to the next - measured to different places, varying angles and top tube lengths.

How tall are you, and inside leg? And what standover clearance do you have?
  • BlackSpur
    ok now is that bike only sold where? in the us or in europe?

Scotts are sold in the UK, as well as the US and probably the rest of Europe.
  • supersonic wrote:
    How tall are you, and inside leg? And what standover clearance do you have?

i'm 6ft 2in currently by the time i get a new bike i'll be 6ft 3in and i don't understand the inside leg. on my bike currently i have a good 4in of room from the top bar.

and ok i'm in the us so i may have to oder that bike online then. how much is it?