Anyone played any?

Any good?

Comments

• lilactime
    lilactime Posts: 86
    heard tour de france for playstation is good
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    there is pro cycling manager 2007 on PC + never played it so no idea if its any good
  • sibx
    sibx Posts: 102
    I don't rate Pro Cycling Manager. Its full of too many bugs. Sadly I don't know of any good games.
  • madturkey
    madturkey Posts: 58
    Pro Cycling Manager is okay - not spectacular but not rubbish once it's been given a few months for the bugs to get ironed out. There is a very active community providing new databases, mods etc...

It's strategic though, so don't expect immediate thrills
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I have Pro Cycling Manager for my PSP, I love it. But then it does give me something to do when on a train or in a hotel room in a strange town! I very rarely play the game when I'm at home though.

Not a huge amount to the game, once you've learned the tricks you can win most races, although it's a bit trickier in the hardest setting.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    PCM isn't a bad game. Taking on a small team and building it up over a couple of seasons can be good fun.

The 2008 edition is due out on PC and PSP in about 3 weeks. This year there is also a competitor in the market - a game called Radsport Evolution. I don't know the availability, or what it will be called in England.

PCM:

www.cycling-manager.com

Radsport (information only, not official):

http://www.procyclingmanager.dk/news.php?readmore=311
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Radsport Manager was the German version of PCM in past years. They are the same game under different names.

PCM2007 was buggy as all hell when released, but is now super-stable at 1.0.2.1. The game out of the box is so-so, but get onto the community forums, get all the latest databases, rider and manager photos, team kit and car graphics, graphical updates, etc... and it becomes really good. At the Extreme difficulty setting, the slightest tactical error will be deadly. Great challenge. Besides, you can fire riders you don't like.

That's the only one I've tried. And mastered.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    there are demos on the PCM website - downloading one now...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Does PCM still use Starforce? Last time I looked even the demo was, put me right off.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    I ve no idea what that means -

not altogether impressed by the game so far mind - although i got Mcewen disqualified, Cadel came in 5 minitues down and the Yellow jersey guy went down to 15th in the GC so maybe its time to have another go tonight, but it takes an age to load.........
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    squired wrote:
    PCM isn't a bad game. Taking on a small team and building it up over a couple of seasons can be good fun.

The 2008 edition is due out on PC and PSP in about 3 weeks. This year there is also a competitor in the market - a game called Radsport Evolution. I don't know the availability, or what it will be called in England.

PCM:

www.cycling-manager.com

Radsport (information only, not official):

http://www.procyclingmanager.dk/news.php?readmore=311

Will be interesting to see if the PSP version is released at the same time, the 2007 version was delayed until October, should have been released months earlier. Although I'd hope now they've managed a release of 2007 the development of 2008 shouldn't be as difficult.
  • squired
    drenkrom - Yes, Radsport manager was the German version, but this year a group of guys who were involved in PCM have built their own game. This one is an initial effort, so may not be overly sophisticated. Having said that, it does implement some of the things lacking from PCM (no distance compression and far more customisable). The graphics don't seem too shabby, so the real question is the gameplay.

PCM has apparently gone gold, so should be on the shelves in a few weeks. Presumably the 2008 demo will be released in the next week or two if it is anything like previous years.

I will be buying both PCM and Radsport Evolution this year (assuming I can get a copy of it). Hopefully PCM will be good this year. I wasn't a massive fan of last year's version. In fact my favourite was the original cycling manager god knows how many years ago, which was simple but fun.
  • squired
    A trailer for PCM 2008 (looks pretty nice):

http://www.cycling-manager.com/pcm2008/trailer_int/
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    ddraver wrote:
    I ve no idea what that means...
    StarForce = nasty piece of copyright protection software that installs itself on your PC as a hidden device driver.

I tried the demo of PCM '07 on my old machine but I've just treated myself to a new Dell XPS720 and I'm not installing anything with StarForce on it. Thankfully SimBin stopped using it for GTR 2 but it does mean no GT Legends and no X3 Reunion.