Bonjour mon aimee

PostieJohn
PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
edited May 2008 in The bottom bracket
Bonjour.
The more observant of you would already have notice where I've just returned from.
That right just back from a week in SW France, Carcassonne, sadly without our bikes, but very enjoyable.

Although 1 afternoon we did hire a couple of steeds for some canal pathing, which doesn't help my fear of going over the same ground twice.
So we went back on the road and blimey either we were really lucky or they have seriously smooth tarmac. We were tanking along, so much so we had to show the bloke in the bike shop, on the map, where we'd been as he refused to believe our pronuncation (luckily I didn't have to spell that).
Admittedly I then brought some Pro Race3's so I guess he worked out we were genuine.

We also had a 6 hour drive through the Pyrenees to the somewhat unfortunately closed Tourmelet.
Then I was really jealous, I could (although definately couldn't) have stayed for weeks with my bike crossing different Cols.

Such is life, back to work in the morning.

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    That sounds superb PJ, well not the work bit :lol:

Me and my gf are thinking of taking our bikes down to Burgundy at some point this year, and hiring a gite for a week.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    The experience of riding, albeit for only a few miles, on French roads, was very impressive.
    Not only were they so smooth the drivers were so much better.
    A fact that was quite obvious as we were driving around, not to mention noticable less cars.