My new brakes

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited May 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Nice, retro XC stoppers:

22052008143.jpg

Avid Arch rival. have to say, they are more powerful than my LX hydros...

Comments

• scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    mmmmm retro :wink:
    Couldn't you get em in ano purple?
    just out of interest sonic how much does the steed weigh?
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • supersonic
    Between 22 and 23lbs depending on tyres. Sub 20 on the cards with the rigid fork I have.
  • scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    ruddy hell thats light :o have to wear lead weights so you dont get blown off the trails on that badboy :wink:
    when you gonna swap it for a zaskar carbon :wink:
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • Nice.
    Are they an old design? They seem to ring a bell deep in my long-term memory.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Old school, mate had a set work really well for a rim brake,

though after a while they can really start to screech!

nice and light bike, but rigid! ouch, need to go build your wrists up a bit first :P
  • supersonic
    Bought them off a mate on another forum, good price too! Not the latest, but have that parallel push action, and with the right rims and pads are astounding.

Do like the Skarebs, take the sting out, but the air cartridge does make it a little less compliant to start. Very light.

Really could tell the difference in weight putting the babies back in the shed earlier: Idrive had to be dragged, the Zaskar just floated and was picked up like a feather! That makes a difference on the trail.

Maybe I am a bit old fashioned, I dunno, but so many seem to want bikes with 5 inch forks, 8 inch rotors, massive tyres, oversize this that and tother. Do you really need all that? Get what you just need, save the weight and ride. Light is good. Light is fast!
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    light breaks which is why i went heavier. I do my XC riding on a quake these days as more often than not i'll find a 10ft drop somewhere round the track and will want to get airborne. lovely brakes though and would love to try a 20lb rigid. will be great fun to ride