best man speech!!

stucon
stucon Posts: 361
edited May 2008 in The Crudcatcher
ok,im off to ibiza tomorrow.. good times...

but,

as my mate is going to pass over to the dark side while we are there and he has asked me to be his best man i have to make a speech... bad times...

really looking forward to going to ibiza as i fcuking love it there... but... im sh1ting myself about standing up in front of about 50 people and making a prick of myself......

brings me to asking you lot this....

anyone got any good stories about a bset mans speech??? any best men really fcuked it up or passed out due to being a little to pi55ed???!!! or even better???

Comments

• Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    no good stories but ive heard a few in my time (15years) talk about him, her, how good it is etc and make people laugh with crappy jokes :lol:
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • mozzle
    mozzle Posts: 100
    Was a best man about 3 years ago and loved every minute of it.
    Have a few pints before your speech but not too many..... dont get p1ssed :lol:
    Remember that every one is there for a good time so they should laugh at even the lamest of jokes... hopefully.
    Most important bit of information..... remember to compliment the bride, that always goes down well :)
  • punctureboy
    punctureboy Posts: 217
    speaking in front of people is never easy. it was probably my biggest fear. i now do it for a living. its all about practice. the best advice i can give you is to use bullet points rather than a script.
    use each bullet point to remind you of a story, or important point you need to cover. this then gives you the freedom to talk from your head. it will come across more natural and relaxed.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    When i was a best man, the groom told me not to make a speech, as he didn't want me getting drunk, and telling stories of things he didn't want his mother to know!
    It was only a small, understated affair, and no speeches were made anyway really though.
  • hastings
    hastings Posts: 206
    keep it short and sweet....................just like a miniskirt :lol:
  • stucon
    loving that!!!

well just finished it now.... so feeling a lot better... all i have to do is learn it and tweek it a bit and im there!!!!!!!

will let you know how it goes!!!!!!
  • lego
    lego Posts: 769
    edited May 2008
    If others are doing speeches ask to hear them first. The last thing you need is the groom's dad making a speech before you and saying the same stuff and stories that you were going to say. Believe me 5 minutes in front of an audiance with nothing to say seems like forever......
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    also, dont forget no one actually wants to listen to you, the speeches are more of a tradition than something people really look forward to, (did you ever go to a wedding and think " cant wait to hear from the best man.......") keep it quick unless you have some funny stories or are a good stand-up.

dont be too nervous, everyone will appreciate that standing up in public is very difficult.
  • Train hard, ride easy
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    remember the old one to 'drop in'

"Being asked to be best man is like being asked to sleep with the queen... it's an honour but no man really wants to do it..."

I'll get me coat! :lol:
  • stucon
    cheesey love that mate!!!

so anyway, back now... its really not as bad as you think... mixed it up a bit as we went out the night before and got smashed in some rubbish bars (as you do!!) so as you can guess there was a few stories there!!!!

all in all a good day....and only one person ended up in the pool!!!!... ok he only ended up in the pool bacause noone had gone in it by the end of the night, so a few of up picked him up and....... SPLASH...... followed by.. "you fcuking cnuts, iv got my phone in my pocket and the key to the hire car!!!!" never mind!!!!!!!!

wish i had the bike out there tho.... there is some real nice looking mountains out there that need to be smashed up!!!!.... all it made me want to do is get home and take my bike out!!!!!

roll on tomorrow!!!!!!