bored or fed up at work?

Thewaylander
Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
edited May 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Cos I really am, have come up with several great and inventive ways to escape... including various ACME products (AKA Wyly Coyote)

Comments

• lexiekay
    lexiekay Posts: 379
    Have you tried the dares game? We play it a lot in our office...
  • Thewaylander
    All the people in my office are 50+ austere ladies, nice and all, but hardly a bundle of laugh bar talking about children/grand children not really the topic of choice lol
  • lexiekay
    maybe you'd better not then -they might get offended!
  • Thewaylander
    i dare you to pick your nose and flick it at someone sitting near your lol
  • Thewaylander
  • Thewaylander
  • lexiekay
    cant flick that far, theres no one within 15 metres of me :lol:

here's the others though:

ONE-POINT DARES
    1. Ignore the first five people who say 'good morning' to you.
    2. To signal the end of a conversation, clamp your hands over your ears and grimace.
    3. Leave your fly open for one hour. If anyone points it out, say, "Sorry, I really prefer it this way".
    4. Walk sideways to the photocopier.
    5. While riding in an lift, gasp dramatically every time the doors open.
    6. When in the lift with one other person, tap them on the shoulder and pretend it wasn't you.
    7. Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophecy..."
    8. Don't use any punctuation.
    9. Interrupt your conversation with someone by giving a huge dejected sigh.
    10. Use your highlighter pen on the computer screen.

THREE-POINT DARES
    1. Say to your boss, "I like your style", wink, and shoot him with double-barrelled fingers.
    2. Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink directly from the nozzle.
    3. Shout random numbers while someone is counting.
    4. Every time you get an email, shout ''email''.
    5. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has got over his or her caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
    6. Keep hole punching your finger. Each time you do, shout, "dammit, it's happened again!". Then do it again.
    7. Introduce yourself to a new colleague as "the office bicycle". Then wink and pout.
    8. Call I.T. helpdesk and tell them that you can't seem to access any p*rnography web sites.

FIVE-POINT DARES
    1. At the end of a meeting, suggest that, for once, it would be nice to conclude with the singing of the national anthem (extra points if you actually launch into it yourself).
    2. Walk into a very busy person's office and while they watch you with growing irritation, turn the light switch on/off 10 times.
    3. For an hour, refer to everyone you speak to as "Dave".
    4. Announce to everyone in a meeting that you "really have to go do a number two".
    5.. When you've picked up a call, before speaking finish off some fake conversation with the words, ''she can abort it for all I care''.
    6. After every sentence, say 'Mon' in a really bad Jamaican accent. As in: "The report's on your desk, Mon." Keep this up for one hour.
    7. In a meeting or crowded situation, slap your forehead repeatedly and mutter, "Shut up, damn it, all of you just shut up!"
    8. At lunchtime, get down on your knees and announce, "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again!"
    9. Repeat the following conversation 10 times to the same person: "Do you hear that?" "What?" "Never mind, it's gone now."
    10. Present meeting attendees with a cup of coffee and biscuit; smash each biscuit with your fist.
    11. During the course of a meeting, slowly edge your chair towards the door.
    12. As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
    13. Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.
  • Thewaylander
    Im tempted by the office bicycle one, i can pout great lol
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    Some of those are brilliant !! :lol:
  • lexiekay
    During the course of a meeting, slowly edge your chair towards the door.

tried this one yesterday :lol:
  • pyro_maniac
    pyro_maniac Posts: 232
    quality stuff, almost makes me want to work in an office,lol
  • Thewaylander
    Still think I'd make a great office bike...
  • lexiekay
    you should give it a try... although thought all the ladies in your office were 50ish :lol:
  • Ch3rryGh0st
    Ch3rryGh0st Posts: 43
    Nothing wrong with a bit of experience...Nigella Lawson is almost 50, apparently, and she could saddle me up anytime :)
    --
    Somewhere in Heaven, John Lennon, Gram Parsons and Lowell George are jamming, and I bet it sounds just like Wilco...
  • Thewaylander
    there is one tidyish lass in our purchasing, but somehow dont think she is interested in that with an old (by her standards) fart like me lol
  • jeffers696
    jeffers696 Posts: 328
    too mutch time on your hands! (lexiekay) :lol: get real jobs, says the student but i would like to work in you office tho sounds fun!
    Specailized Enduro 08 - Beast
    OnOne 456
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Nothing wrong with a bit of experience...Nigella Lawson is almost 50, apparently, and she could saddle me up anytime :)

Nigella Lawson? You are broken :lol:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Ch3rryGh0st
    She's a babe, she's babelicious, if she were president...
    --
    Somewhere in Heaven, John Lennon, Gram Parsons and Lowell George are jamming, and I bet it sounds just like Wilco...
  • Thewaylander
    well she can cook... its a winner. and she has a habbit of making cakes....

she'd cook for me once and i'd be smitten
  • lexiekay
    i would like to work in you office tho sounds fun!
    its really not! i even took to asking for more work but was told "we cant just invent things for you to do", which is why i spend so much time on here!
    she'd cook for me once and i'd be smitten

so its true what they say about a man's heart and his stomach....
    must be where i've been going wrong - even managed to set fire to the tea towel when making rice krispie cakes the other day :oops:
  • Thewaylander
    good effort,

well i was made to learn to cook so im fairly handy in the kitchen. been trying to teach my house mates.. its working kinda.
    its good fun to cook with friends some tunes on, a few beers. and the sun shining. love it
  • .....she'd be Baberaham Lincoln.
    In France she'd be called "Le Renard", and would be hunted with only her cunning to protect her.

When I was working last year I used to spend a lot of time sending Wayne's World quotes to my housemate. I'd send one line, she'd send the next one back, and so on. We'd get through a few scenes a day if I wasn't busy.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • Ch3rryGh0st
    Great movie, and the "Le Renard" line is a particularly fine quote...made me laugh out loud, though luckily I work from home.
    --
  • Thewaylander
    'The suck U cut... it certainly does suck'
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Lexie, brilliant! Emailing it to everyone I know now
    stealing your idea and using it as my own so everyone will think I'm great! (priceless!!)
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • lexiekay
    thats ok i stole it from someone else anyway!
    currently on 27 points.... let me know how you get on :D
  • Thewaylander
    so unfair, want to play now. lol since my notice is already handed in.. i could have some real fun.... MUhahahaa
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hmm, I work in a recording studio, so most of those aren;t applicabble unfortunately. (well, I say work :wink: )

But, I have passed a dull afternoon of waiting for a singer once by playing hide and seek in a 12m x 9m control room with 4 other people!
  • lexiekay
    Now that sounds like fun! I used to work in a recording studio part time when i was at school - long time ago now!

Most fun I ever had at work was a bunch of us built forts out of cardboard boxes and had a scrunched up paper ball throwing battle in the sub-basement of the building we were working in- happy days..... :D
  • Thewaylander
    i liked racing the archiving trolleys around my old work place on a sataday, we used to sit a person on a trolley and go!!! was wicked fun, though the bruises were vivid lol