Roundhay park last night

BUICK
BUICK Posts: 362
edited June 2008 in Track
I went along to watch what was, I believe, the first track meeting of the season? I don't know why - but I wasn't expecting 'track' bikes! I thought the competitors on grass would probably be on cyclocross bikes... and this after attending the track World's in Manchester! If anyone here was competing I'd like to hear from you and ask some questions?
'07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
'07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Never ridden grass track myself, but I think it's just a matter of sticking knobblie(-ish) tyres and lower gearing on your standard track mount.

Grass track racing used to be an easy way of gaining BC ranking points at one time, but I think they've adjusted the points on offer to stop that. I certainly knew a guy who was 1st Cat but never rode a road race and even I could beat him in TT's by a couple of minutes!
  • BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    Thanks for the info Bronzie. Seems like there aren't any Leeds based track enthusiasts on this forum, which is a shame! I will head down to some more meetings and introduce myself as soon as I can.
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Seroius trackies tend to hang out here:
    http://www.veloriders.co.uk/phpBB2/view ... db873632bb

but even then, grass track is a bit out there.
  • 2wheelzgood
    2wheelzgood Posts: 373
    just seen this.. I live 2 mins from Roundhay park but never knew about track riding there..
    I'm not a track enthusiast myself but would pop down to have a look if I knew when and where.

Planning to goto the Manchester velodrome for a taster session soon!! woop!
    FCN4: Langster Pro
    FCN8 Dawes Audax
    FCN13: Pompetamine dad and daughter bike

FCN5 Modded Dawes Hybrid R.I.P.
    FCN6 Fixed beater bike (on loan to brother in law)