Mornings

Thewaylander
Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
edited May 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I mean they have there uses on weekends for traveling to rides that are a bit far away.

But seriously in the working week? why?? i want to still be in bed!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I know the feeling. had to wake up really early today to get a doctor's appointment, so now I'm sat here, waiting for an appropriate time to go to work.
    I wish I could have stayed in bed the extra hour.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Early morning rides rule,

Plus if you get up early you can get loads more done and be really produ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........
  • Thewaylander
    meh im not sure about mornings, yeh on weekends they can be good cos you get things done, but work days they just feel like pain! lol
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Have you ever tried going for a ride at 6 then going into work. You feel totally ready to go at 9am, although you are asleep by 9.30!
  • lexiekay
    lexiekay Posts: 379
    normally i hate weekday mornings, they're just wrong.
    not today though :D
  • Thewaylander
    No i never get up much than 45 minutes before i need to leave the house, i need my ugly sleep, though i ahve to admit im a late to bed kinda person at the moment makes mornings much less pleasent
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well I was all set to ride to work today, but having to go to the doctors means I realistically need my car. :roll:
  • Thewaylander
    Why not today, if you say your off work i will cry.
  • lexiekay
    i had one of those cant sleep nights (too hot) so i took my sleeping bag out on the roof and slept there instead :D
    the tiredness is coming now though....... and my bike is in bits all over the kitchen so i cant ride after work :evil: I think today is going to be long...
  • Thewaylander
    indeed today is long waiting to find out about a new job position i went for yesterday, and sounds good sleeping out hehe, and im not sure there is anyone to ride with after work today, mite have to solo summat cos its just so nice!

And the doctors in the morning mate that sucks, even if your like the second one in, but.. there still generally 20 minutes late!
  • lexiekay
    hooray its not the morning any more......... :D
  • Thewaylander
    and another trash morning, missed out by a place on a second interview i attended yesterday, and the other second interview have decided they are not actually going to recruit.

I hate trying to find new work.
  • lexiekay
    missed out by a place on a second interview i attended yesterday, and the other second interview have decided they are not actually going to recruit
    thats unlucky. I spent all yesterday filling in application forms - surely the worst thing in the world!
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Nah lexie, the worst thing is actually getting the job!
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • lexiekay
    Luckily (or not) that never seems to happen to me :lol:
    Might just be stuck here for ever.........
  • Thewaylander
    trying to figure out a change in career options at the moment but not sure the best way to be fair, but had to move out of the current job as there is alot of in bullying from managment, it amazes me the place is still open in the UK.

still more interviews being lined, then maybe get it settled and figure out what i really want to do.
  • Thewaylander
    Hmm afternoons suck too while at work lol,

still home in an hour and 10... then i can finish all that holiday washing of my bike gear so i can ride again now the bike is sorted
  • lexiekay
    work sucks in general...
    wish i could have a job that involved riding my bike in the sunshine!
  • wheelbuckler
    wheelbuckler Posts: 134
    lexiekay wrote:
    work sucks in general...
    wish i could have a job that involved riding my bike in the sunshine!

Why don't you apply to be a copper on a bike then??

Trouble is then no body will like you anymore :lol: except waylander who seems to have a soft spot.

Or you could be a postie?

Lots of jobs out there where you could ride your bike around all day - trouble is I think you would lose the enjoyment then!
  • Thewaylander
    good job idea,

actually looking at my options now, have to say accounts is so mind numbing you couldnt believe. but still will be getting plenty of sunny rides in now.

will go Afan this weekend i think to get over this work malarky.
  • lexiekay
    Why don't you apply to be a copper on a bike then??
    not sure they'd employ me either!
    weird thing is, this was supposed to be my dream job, but turns out that its not...
    probably obvious by the amount of time I spend on this forum :lol:

postie would be good though, and you get to wear those lovely shorts...
  • wheelbuckler
    I was at Grizedale end of March and I bumped into a copper from Coniston who gets to ride round the lakes on his bike everyday. You'd almost be wishing for a criminal to try getting away on the north face trail. It would make for an interesting police chase, as long as I can have a siren on my GT.

Application forms anyone?
  • wheelbuckler
    Apparently though, posties don't get to use their own bikes, they have to ride on a strange red bike branding the royal mail logo. Wonder if MBUK can run a test on that!
  • Thewaylander
    hmmm start mailing them out! lol.

posties earn ok, but the split shift thing would be a little sore i thinks! also you have to go through lifting tests and all for the position (lady i work with just went for a postie job)
  • wheelbuckler
    I think I'll stick to my job for the time being, ok its boring but I get to spend a fair amount of time dossing on here so it can't be all that bad
  • Thewaylander
    fair point it passes the time and you get great random chats lol,

so what work does everyone do? tranee accounts here, going to last year AAT and have kinda hit a brick wall in my interest...
  • lexiekay
    I get to spend a fair amount of time dossing on here so it can't be all that bad
    i reckon someones going to notice soon though!
  • wheelbuckler
    Maybe I should have a break then!

Or just go home instead and carry on, Home time in 10 mins
  • Thewaylander
    argh, 35 minutes, why why is every one before me!
  • lexiekay
    i want to go home... got the day off tomorrow though :D