Overshoes

dboden
dboden Posts: 349
edited May 2008 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, I am doing the C2C off road on my mtb soon, I wear spd shoes.
I need to buy some lightweight preferably waterproof mtb overshoes, that I can also walk around in.
Can anybody recommend some?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    If your after a cheap pair I've got some of these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.a ... 0Overshoes only worn them a few times but they seem fine, cut out for cleat and heel so walkings ok and always kept my feet dry, only slight downside is they're not tight round the lower calf so if its pelting down water can run down your leg and get inside, only an issue once though
  • dboden
    dboden Posts: 349
    Can I ask what size shoe are you? And which size overshoe did you buy?

Cheers
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    I'm a 46 (according to bike shoe sizes!) so bought the extra large, there a very snug fit, wouldn't want to try and fit any larger size in. Shoes are the dhb m1 by the way.
  • jonzy75
    jonzy75 Posts: 18
    I'd actually recomend waterproof socks there are many brands but i'd recomend seal skins these work brilliantly and its far comfier to walk around in these.

Hope this is of some help...
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Another vote for Sealskinz waterproof socks, they do what they say on the tin ;)

The only time they have let me down was due to the large amount of water running down the back of my leg into the sock. Apart from that I've stood in many a deep puddle and had no water ingress.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • realnumber 1
    realnumber 1 Posts: 675
    Another one for Sealskinz, they work I treat :wink: