Gloves: Broken little finger

Rindle
Rindle Posts: 219
edited April 2008 in MTB buying advice
I've just broken my little finger which is going to keep me off my bike for a while. I'm looking for a pair of gloves which will offer the most protection for when i get riding again. Most of the gloves i've looked at seem to use a different protection on the little finger than the others. Any recommendations?

Cheers

Comments

• Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Personally i would say these, they offer great protection but are also very comfortable, expensive but they are leather so very tough to boot.

Be wary of well known brands, 661 are known to fall apart while race face carbon gloves are known to rub the knuckles like buggery.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Sombrio-Decade- ... _15035.htm
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    how did you break it?

i ask because you have to be careful, if you landed on it, armour can exacerbate things/transfer the injury somewhere else. I'd (depending on pain) just strap it to your fourth finger and keep riding, albeit a bit slower!
  • Rindle
    Rindle Posts: 219
    whilst swerving to avoid a pedestrian who blindly stepped out onto a cycle lane i hit a lamp post :oops: .

I've got it strapped up at the moment but i'm looking for gloves for when i get back on the bike because i'm going to be a bit wary of bashing it even when healed and i had to cut my glove off because of the swelling.

I'll look at the sombrios cheers.