Winstanleys Bikes - Recommended???

Lozgriff
Lozgriff Posts: 19
edited April 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi
I'm tempted to place an order for some forks with Winstanleys Bikes via their website. I'm just a little concerned as their website looks a little shabby compared to other dealers. Are they good to deal with?

Thanks
Laurie

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    please type Winstanleys into the search function. and then read.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • d4ns
    d4ns Posts: 2
    Absolutely appaling service. Have been using this company for years and never had any problems but recently the company has 'gone downhill'. A friend recieved the wrong colour forks to the ones ordered. He was told the only options were pay for return and lose postage cost before refund or wait over 4 months for replacement and still pay return postages. I ignored this and still bought a brand new frame. This turned up dented. After several attempts to get through i was fobbed off with a million and one excuses why it was my problem. They eventually (after about 4 hours of phone calls) said i could dismantle my bike and post it back at my own cost. The reason the bike was built is because the employee told me it was ok to get a large discount if i sent pictures in. This bike frame is now out of stock so i cant even have a replacement! Eventually after over a week of calls to various managers.... they offered 15GBP off of a 300GBP frame. So my suggestion for this site would be avoid like the plague. Hopefully the credit crunch will sort out the sh1T. Hope this helps. Dan
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mmm a year old topic.

Locked.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
This discussion has been closed.