Skipping gears

Dazzza
Dazzza Posts: 2,364
edited April 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Ive got this problem, moreso when putting power down, gear components are still new-ish and the chain has been set correctly and ive fiddled with the layback on the mech to help chain tension.

So what gives?

Im hoping it's because i used a dry lube in wettish conditions, im throwing on some white lightning next time round.

Gear bits are.

Kmc 9l chain
xtr shadow mech
middleburn hc sl rings

Thanks.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Giant Anthem X

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    free hub gone? stiff link?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Freehub spins fine though i will whip it apart this weekend and give it a good looking over, it's a hope xc hub.

I'll check the chain but tbh id be very surprised, i'll throw it into a jar of white spirit tomorrow just in case something's got into one of the links.

It doesn't do it all the time so i hope it's just my switching to a different lube.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X