New to mtb and doing the newnham90 any advice?

Deadman
Deadman Posts: 10
edited April 2008 in MTB beginners
I've only been mtb'ing since January this year after my wife got me a bike & have decided to do the newnham90 but only the 50k. I have been out at least twice aweek since I've had the bike & getting on really well. Just looking for abit of advice on how I can improve even more. All advice welcome from training tips, energy drinks & gear would be good Thanks inadvance for your help.

Comments

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Ride, ride, ride! Keep going longer and harder. It's not easy but hopefully you'll enjoy it :D As for nutrition, High 5 4:1 energy drink is good and the citrus flavour is fairly nice. On a long ride consider some energy gels and solid food like cereal / granola bars. Remember to keep the food and fluid going in even if you're not hungry. Most of all, enjoy it and good luck!!
  • Deadman
    Thanks for the advice. I have been riding Longer & harder this week. As I live in Dorset I have beenn around Wareham forest & also Moors Valley.

Using the Gels is a great idea but apart from buying the energy bars from the internet, where else could I get them from?

I am enjoying it though & really looking forward to the newnham90.

Here's the web address for it, if anyone else fancies it. www.newnham90.com
    Sounds like it is going to be a laugh.

Cheers
    Deadman :evil:
  • Deadman
    Been thinking today, I should take some spare inner tubes with me & have been looking around but haven't a clue on what makes are good & those that are not. Also could someone tell me the difference between Car type & Presta please.