tyres slipping around the rim.

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited April 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
i have fitted my new tyres to my new wheels and have noticed after a quick ride round the block that the tyres have slipped round the rim, the rear by about an inch and the front by about half an inch,

is this normal? i dont recall it happening to any of my other wheels and are there going to be issues wth the tyres slipping, bearing in mind i am running tubeless?

tyres= mountain king 2.2 folding (im using sealant to make these tubeless)
wheels= xm819 on pro2

front=30psi
rear=40psi

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Should've gone for Maxxis Ignitors hehe :lol: . Doesn't sound like they aren't gripping the rim properly, that said as long as the tyres aren't coming a away from the rims there shouldn't be any air loss, maybe the sealent is still acting as a lubricant?.

Just ignore me I'm pissed.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    well, if these prove to be cheeky, ignitors will be going on to replace them!!
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Hehe, nothing like following your own advice :lol: . The ignitors seem OK so far, not great in the mud but OK, Ok on road & hardpack, and they went on like a dream (bearing in mind I'm a tubless virgin). DIdn't seat them properly (on XT rims) first time (my fault) but seem to be fine now. Not currently runnning any sealent with them, time will tell if this is a mistake.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result