Hayes 8" Disc Brake Adaptor

A16UYF
A16UYF Posts: 66
edited April 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
I recently bought a pair of Hayes Stroker Trail disc brakes, however I can not fit the front calliper as the 8" adaptor is too thick and interferes with the rotor to the point where it actually prevents the wheel from fitting. The fork I am using is a 2007 Fox 36 Float RC2. I would appreciate any advice on an 8" adaptor which would fit these forks and not interfere with the rotor.
Cube Sting SCR (custom build)
Spesh allez (factory build)

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you need the IS adaptor Not the IS 20mm adaptor as your forks have IS mounts.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • A16UYF
    A16UYF Posts: 66
    This is the adaptor i have which doesn't fit, please could you send me a link of the one which i should get, thanks.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=13722
    Cube Sting SCR (custom build)
    Spesh allez (factory build)
  • nicklouse
    same link but not the 20mm one.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • smitty
    smitty Posts: 125
    hi fella if your after the 8" is post mount have a look on chain reaciton cycles on the net bought the 7" mounts off there for a tenner each and they had all the sizes so should be straight forward
  • nicklouse
    smitty
    why would he need a post mount adapter on a 2007 Fox 36 Float RC2?