Just because a car has a "Shimano" sticker on the

Roastie
Roastie Posts: 1,968
edited April 2008 in Commuting chat
So I'm happily track standing behind the third car in a queue at a light (narrow road, so no point in moving to the front). I notice the car in front (an completely forgettable blue estate) has a "Shimano" sticker in the window so think to myself, ah - a cyclist! How nice!

Anyhow, light turns green and I start rolling again - but Estate man is a bit slow moving off. I will the car to start moving before I run into the back bumper, and I guess I was thinking aloud when I said "Goooo!"

Next thing, the dude in his "Shimano" bestickered car goes totally ballistic. I assume heard me saying "Goooo!" and took major offence.

So, I can only assume he is either a fisherman or a mountain-biker (MTB'ers seem to think bikes don't belong on roads :roll:, or at least that is the impression I've got from most).

Anyhow, whatever it was - Idiot.

Comments

• abbots_mike
    abbots_mike Posts: 280
    it has wheel, tires and pedals, therefors it goes wherever i go or can make it go!

any way, what do you mean by going ballistic?

btw, i am a 16 y old mtb'er, but my bike is my only permanent form of transport, therefore i ride it everywhere.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    sweeping generalisations aside (I am a mountain biker who cycles to work everyday), maybe the guy was just a spoon :lol:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    I'm a cyclist but that doesn't mean i want another one riding into the back of my car!

or shouting "Goo" at me, for that matter. :lol:
  • mrchrispy
    mrchrispy Posts: 310
    if someone shouted goooo at me I'd realise I probably should be going ffs. he when balistic cause he was a c0ck, 99% of the population turn into nobs when you put then behind a wheel, they become the road equivalent of an Islamic fundamentalist – do anything to insult them and you must die!!!
  • cupofteacp
    cupofteacp Posts: 578
    sweeping generalisations
    He was a fisherman, you know he enjoys catching and killing fish for fun rather than food
    15 * 2 * 5
    * 46 = Happiness
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Shimano? 'Nuff said.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Gambatte
    Gambatte Posts: 1,453
    cupofteacp wrote:
    sweeping generalisations
    He was a fisherman, you know he enjoys catching and killing fish for fun rather than food

another generalisation - I eat what I catch :D
  • cee
    Gambatte wrote:
    cupofteacp wrote:
    sweeping generalisations

except trout.......they are horrible :lol:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Gambatte
    Gambatte Posts: 1,453
    cee wrote:
    Gambatte wrote:
    cupofteacp wrote:
    sweeping generalisations

except trout.......they are horrible :lol:

Lifted a still flapping 5lb salmon out of the nets off Skipsea once as the tide went out.

Bootiful! :)

Nice thread, just reminded me I need a new filleting knife.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    MTB'ers seem to think bikes don't belong on roads

i am a mtber and i cycle to work every day oh and guess what it just happens to be on a road and on a road bike. :P

must of been a maggot drowner...
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Shimano? 'Nuff said.

what amazes me is that it took three hours for someone to post that!

(SRAM or Shimano on all my bikes)
  • cee
    Gambatte wrote:
    Lifted a still flapping 5lb salmon out of the nets off Skipsea once as the tide went out.

Bootiful! :)

a salmon is an entirely different matter.... yummee!

if only i had a bunch of trout in a saddle bag, which i could throw at cars who i deemed needed a good 'trouting' that would make me feel better than shouting at folks! of course.........im just being silly.........you wouldn't get many troot in a saddlebag.....better with sardines!

H.G. Wells.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    To be certain that the driver was indeed an angler, we'd need to know if the car had a turbot charger.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Roastie
    Iwas wondering how many MTB'ers would fall for that cheap shot :wink: - though I have a few colleagues at work who all share that same sentiment. Boring gits.

ps. Going ballistic refers to repetitive use of the "F" word, fist waving and other attempts at being prehistoric.
  • abbots_mike
    abbots_mike Posts: 280
    i thought that was normal commuter behaviour!
    im sure some of the people i meet in cars on my way to school haven't even figured out how to walk on their hind legs :lol:
  • Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    Even if he was a fisherman, i still have some sympathy with the chap.

If the situation was reversed and a car beeped at you for moving off too slowly, there'd be complaints about impatient car drivers. The lights indicate he can go, but it's not a drag race.
  • Roastie
    Belv dude, if I were to complain about impatient car drivers being rude, I'd be posting on the subject daily!
    :o