Llandegla.

2»

Comments

• GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    I can't wait to go, need to get a bit fitter as I wouldn't want to waste the trails due to me being knackered!

So the N/S sections, are these quite high once you get on them, I see soemone broke their arm, was its just a bad landing or is it a long way down from the top?
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    I can't wait to go, need to get a bit fitter as I wouldn't want to waste the trails due to me being knackered!

So the N/S sections, are these quite high once you get on them, I see soemone broke their arm, was its just a bad landing or is it a long way down from the top?

go now, you're fit enough to enjoy it, and the north shore sections are pavement wide, so you'd have trouble going off the edge. i think he said he was trying a wheelie across it? even the high one on the black run is really quite wide as these things go and is just a case of telling your mind to stop being silly and realise just how wide it is.
  • GT Destroyer
    I think the next time we plan a big day out on the bikes we'll have to consider it, its just friggin miles away though!!!
  • Get the traffic right and you'll be there in under 2 hours from W Yorks
  • gtr mart
    gtr mart Posts: 176
    I rode it without being particularly fit and whilst I was knackered at the end I still really enjoyed it. I rode the entire black route. I pushed one, possibly two bits.

Go now, it is great fun.
  • GT Destroyer
    Just feel tjhat I might be pushoig the bits where i should be riding an not concentrating on the its where I should be if you see what I mean

drinking todfay soorry ~!!
  • cains08
    cains08 Posts: 13
    LLandegla is great fun for all abilities and it's the closest trail to me in Liverpool i think.

It's really well maintained and it has some really nice jumps and berms, although I agree with the 'artificial' comments - it is more like a bmx track amongst trees rather than a proper off road experience. Also, the first time I went I was practically dead after the first climb, but now i've been riding again for about a year it seems to short to test my fitness.

Anybody else from Liverpool or nearby?
  • Santibes
    Santibes Posts: 46

the bit where the person broke their arm is actually on the red route (& black) & is probably the hardest section at llandegla, it's rough logs, now only partially covered (due to wear) in chicken wire, so grip is a bit unpredictable in places, only 1ft high at most , but has nasty looking tree stumps either side, so not a soft landing!
    the northshore section on the black is raised, but is at least 1m wide, so not scary.
    search youtube & you'll see how rollable it is.
  • GT Destroyer
    Just after posting in here last I looked on youtube and found the NS section, you can juust roll through it and it does look wide enough, some people just riding down the last bit others jumping off it!

Also saw a vid of some scousers lying down on the section which spans an old track, then having their mates jump over them, they weren't young lads either!! jokers!!
  • Xybadog
    Xybadog Posts: 124
    Just slightly slowing the momentum of this thread, but does anyone happen to know if the bus that goes past Llandegla, from Wrexham, has bike racks?

I only ask because I know the one to Barmouth does, but it goes via Llangollen. As I don't have a car, Landegla is a long continuous uphill 8 mile ride from Wrexham. If it was level (mostly), I would bike it, but with the hills I would have to face, I'd be knackered before I got there (plus the route isn't particularly safe traffic wise).

...or am I being a wimp?
    "Life is like a box of chocolates..." what the f*ck is that all about? 8)

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2038431/
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wimp? Well, I dunno. to be fair, if you were riding to work or something, then 8 miles isn't exactly far.
    However, riding to a trail centre, with pretty much the intention of knackering yourself out there, then haivng to ride 8 miles back home, well, I can kind of sympathise with you.
    It wouldn't be as much fun to have to hold back, so you could save your energy for the ride home!

Why don't you ask on the forum, when you want to go, if anybody's passing by?
    A detour to wrexham isn't exactly massive, I'm sure someone could give you a lift.
    i'd offer a lift myself if I thought I could fit your bike and you on the back of my car, but it's already pretty stuffed, as my mate's Norco is a bloody stupid shape, and takes up way too much room on the rack!

Hang on, I meant your bike on the back, and you inside the car! doh!
  • Xybadog
    Wimp? Well, I dunno. to be fair, if you were riding to work or something, then 8 miles isn't exactly far.
    However, riding to a trail centre, with pretty much the intention of knackering yourself out there, then haivng to ride 8 miles back home, well, I can kind of sympathise with you.
    It wouldn't be as much fun to have to hold back, so you could save your energy for the ride home!

Why don't you ask on the forum, when you want to go, if anybody's passing by?
    A detour to wrexham isn't exactly massive, I'm sure someone could give you a lift.
    i'd offer a lift myself if I thought I could fit your bike and you on the back of my car, but it's already pretty stuffed, as my mate's Norco is a bloody stupid shape, and takes up way too much room on the rack!

Hang on, I meant your bike on the back, and you inside the car! doh!

:lol: Cheers Yeehaa. I know what you meant. As you say, the 8 miles would be nothing on its own.
    Thanks for the thought anyway

• Anonymous
    Actually the wole norco thing is more of a pain than you might think!
    I mean..... seriously...
    sixtwo_mattesilver.jpg
    Whatever they were thinking, "bike rack" wasn't part of it!

The only sensible option would be to get a towbar fitted, then get a towball-mounted rack, but that would cost a small fortune!
  • Xybadog
    Actually the wole norco thing is more of a pain than you might think!
    I mean..... seriously...
    sixtwo_mattesilver.jpg
    Whatever they were thinking, "bike rack" wasn't part of it!

The only sensible option would be to get a towbar fitted, then get a towball-mounted rack, but that would cost a small fortune!

See what you mean! NASA engineered frame. Take a good mathematician to work out the sum of the angles on that thing! :wink:

• Caz123
    Caz123 Posts: 7
    Hey Xybadog.....

Here's some info on the Wrexham bike bus, but not sure how up to date it is:

http://www.cyclingnorthwales.co.uk/pages/arriva_by.htm

I know what you mean about the logistics of getting your bike to Llandegla! I've got a Tigra and can't get a bike rack for it!
  • dhxcme
    dhxcme Posts: 1,467
    I'd say that would be like leaving your car keys on the bonnet of your car in them middle of a council estate.

Begging to be robbed.
  • Anonymous
    Caz, I'm sure a Saris Bones rack would fit on the back of your tigra. They do look very adjustable.
  • Xybadog
    Caz123 wrote:
    Hey Xybadog.....

Here's some info on the Wrexham bike bus, but not sure how up to date it is:

http://www.cyclingnorthwales.co.uk/pages/arriva_by.htm

I know what you mean about the logistics of getting your bike to Llandegla! I've got a Tigra and can't get a bike rack for it!

Thanks for that Caz. I'll look into it.

• Lowride
    Lowride Posts: 214
    Llandegla is almost certainly my favourite trail centre in Wales. About six of us went two mths ago, we had to park in car park number three as it was so rammed! We hardly saw anybody else on the way round

Llandegla has got some brilliant DH sections and some good climbs. It takes us just over two hrs to get there cruising at around 70 mph. The cafe and shop and brilliant, a few hotties in there too. Only downside is that there is`nt another demanding trail, could do with more choice but who knows, maybe in time they`ll build more

Get down there!