Cable/brake hose C-Clips

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited April 2008 in MTB general
I need a few of these and have been looking in vein for some on tinterwebnet... can't seem to find any in the UK... only the states... I know Clarkes make them

I need about 10....

Does anyone know where I can buy some, or does anyone have any spare that they wouldn't mind donating?

I would use cable ties but the c-clips are preferable

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    LBS time as they tend to come in bulk jars. or kits.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • acac
    acac Posts: 348
    hi what are the c clips for
    are they to hold the brake hose on
    if so try these i orded them today from ukbikestore have to phone them and they will get them in as they pick up from windwave once aday

http://www.windwave.co.uk/windwave/CABLE.html
    play hard ride hard
  • Cheesey wrote:
    I need about 10....

I have 10 on my bikes I've been meaning to replace with zip ties since one popped off and left a flapping hose while riding,but the only ties I have are bright yellow :shock:

Swop for 10 black zip ties? :lol:
    =========================================

Dot 4 in the eye hurts. Trust me
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    That's something I have a lot of - black zip ties..... :wink:
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I need some too, 5 came with my frame and I snapped one when installing the brakes. Got it cable tied on now but it doesn't look great.
    LBS time as they tend to come in bulk jars. or kits.
    Nick I don't mind buying loads (don't ask, I just like having a fully stocked workshop), but where can you buy the jars from ?
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    stumpyjon
    talk to your lbs and see if they can get some in from their supplier as you will not be able to buy direct.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Im also after some of these, so if anyone finds a supplier then let me know :)
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    i tired in vain to find these last year when i got my santacruz i asked the shop who supplied the frame i asked local shops even emailed santacruz uk to ask them if they coild sell me some,..
    but i found nothing no one could help me.
  • Ive only managed to find USA suppliers which doesnt make it that cheap after postage..

http://www.bikesonline.com/JAG-4.5mm-Ho ... Bag-50.htm

I will have an ask around at some local bike shops and see if I can get a couple!
  • ian_worby
    ian_worby Posts: 331
    no one likes a show off, but..

TA-DA!!!!

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/c_cli ... guide.html

apologies...
  • pjm-84
    pjm-84 Posts: 819
    I had the same problem when I lost some earlier this month on my Trek. Fired off an email and they sent a couple of replacements in the post. Very nice of them.
    Hi Paul, we use the horseshoe clips in production to speed assembly, if they are removed in store they are generally replaced with thin cable ties which are neater and hold the cable in position better.

If you would like to continue to use the horseshoe clips I have a couple that I will gladly send you, just let me know your postal address.
    Paul
  • pjm-84
    pjm-84 Posts: 819
    Top step that man!
    Paul
  • ian_worby wrote:
    no one likes a show off, but..

TA-DA!!!!

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/c_cli ... guide.html

apologies...
    Thanks! Saved a lot of searching! Not cheap but they do a good job!

EDIT/ on second thoughts, would they fit my trek frame? or would they only fit Giant bikes......... hmm....
    pjm-84 wrote:
    I had the same problem when I lost some earlier this month on my Trek. Fired off an email and they sent a couple of replacements in the post. Very nice of them.
    Hi Paul, we use the horseshoe clips in production to speed assembly, if they are removed in store they are generally replaced with thin cable ties which are neater and hold the cable in position better.

If you would like to continue to use the horseshoe clips I have a couple that I will gladly send you, just let me know your postal address.

I'm after some for my trek too! I might send them an email and see if they will sort me out with a few. If not i'll get a pack from the above link.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    The ones in the link look pretty identical to the ones that came with my Kinesis frame. However I asked in my LBS as Nick suggested and they were quite happy to give me a couple but they also recommended using very small cable ties as the C clips can sometimes pop off mid ride which results in very annoying flappy cables so now I'm torn. Might go down the cable tie route this evening to see how neat they look before buying any more clips.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    Perhaps I should get some of these to replace the missing ones on my Anthem, but they'd probably only just fall off again.

I'll stick with wire twist ties for now.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    ian......

with help and links like that you can show off any time you want. :lol:

i just hope they fit my sc so i can get rid of those hidious zip ties.