Pembrokeshire/Camarthenshire

turnercraig
turnercraig Posts: 537
edited April 2008 in Routes
Just wondered if anyone can help.

I am going with three friends for a lads weekend to Tenby (probably in June), just wondered if there are any good routes/ trails in the Pembrokeshire or Camarthenshire areas.

I have found one trail centre thats about an hours drive from Tenby, its the Gorlech trail in Brechfa Forest, has anyone been there?
Would be good to find somewhere else to go thats close.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• I think that's the best you'll get (Brechfa) as in it's a proper trail centre. Otherwise pick up a landranger map and check out where you can go (Caneston woods near Blackpool mill or get out on the Preseli Hills). The only area of the Pembrokeshire coastal path you are permitted to cycle on is between St Govans Head and Stack rocks. it's only about 5 miles but quite nice views of the sea over the cliffs. However, you will have to check that the route is open because it's MOD land and if they are shooting stuff and playing with their tanks, it will be closed to the public for obvious reasons! This route is about 15miles from Tenby.
  • tutster
    tutster Posts: 2
    hi, ill be biking/camping near tenby next week end, im hoping to visit afan forest park, at afan argoed, google it for more info