WOW, first ride on my razor like seat!!!!

Discopooh
Discopooh Posts: 109
edited April 2008 in XC and Enduro
I'm totaly shocked to say that after my first true ride tonight my all new tioga spyder seat is infact quite comfy. Yet it looks like it should cut you in two. Nice.

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I know what you mean a big squashy seat looks like it should be comfy but soon turns in to a torture instrument I always reckon a good saddle should feel a tiny bit uncomfortable to start with but never get any worse my personal favourite SDG bel air :)
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Discopooh
    quick piccy

spyder.jpg

come on, that duz not look comfy - but it is for my fatass
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Well I suppose it stops your plums overheating
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Discopooh
    and if you happen to have some cheese with you it's tops for grating...................but we wont go into that. :)
  • HixX
    HixX Posts: 90
    mmmmm.....wonders about grating off piles with that seat......
    Oohhh me legs hurt !!
  • Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
    just by looking at it, i thought it would be anything but comfy
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I see what you mean,that does not look comfy at all,but it must flex a bit so I can see how it could be !

I bet it weighs next to nothing too !!
  • Discopooh
    should be 140grams but my scales say 160g.... :( and yes it bends in the middle so that must help
  • epicEm
    epicEm Posts: 45
    OMG! It does look like an instrument of torture.
    How much was it?
  • it's not exacty something you'd put a tesco carrier bag over when it rains is it :p

is taht carbon or just a plastic resin thing?
    Train hard, ride easy
  • ah the spider.. good choice if you have full sus otherwise vibrations could be an issue? loosen you up anyhow!
  • Discopooh
    Cost £40 off fleabay all in(new)

info:-
    http://www.tiogausa.com/international/s ... pyder.html