Feeling faint, sick and weak during a ride today?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited April 2008 in Health, fitness & training
Hi.

Well today it was windy, yesterday I did a 25 mile route, did not take water I tried to get as much in me before allthough I usually take water with me, anyway when I got home from that ride I drank plenty and ate something like a peanut butter and cottage cheese sandwich and I had some other things too but cat remember. Anyway I woke up today fine, tired as usualy like I have been for the past 8 years waking up for school/college, went to college, came home, seemed fine all the time, had some crisps, banana and a yoghurt, went out for a ride but not too long as there was the blackest clouds I ever seen but I did 3.5 miles, went home, then thought right I'll do another 3.5 miles but through that ride I suddenly felt sick and all weak and sort of faint, now I dont know why, this has not happened before.

I was thinking maybe lack of food? So I went home and had some honey nut cornflakes and some oat crunch stuff with other things in with milk, let that settle and an hour or so later had tea.

Also I should mention I've been eating these mint imperials alot when I've been at the PC, they are addictive just something to slowely let disolve in your mouth, maybe sugers in them are causing a problem?

And whilst I am at this someone mentioned that lucozade tablets? are a good energy boost. Sometimes I can do 10 miles, and it feels fine, but always in the morning (I wake up about half 6, set off at about 8am to college which is 10.5 miles) and the 10.5 miles feels so much harder than any time else :?

Thanks.
Willz.

Comments

• jmeadows
    jmeadows Posts: 335
    i find that any training i do early morning is more difficult. duno if its a carb thing as if you train later on you wil have a days food down you. everyones different tho, it wont affect some people. try not to worry too much about it :)
    never hurts your eyes to look on the bright side of life...
  • god1406
    god1406 Posts: 554
    maybe you have WORMS

On a more helpful note. Everyone 'hits the wall' once in a while. If you keep pushing yourself when you feel like that, eventually you'll throw up, then feel on top of the world after having done so.
  • Anonymous
    god1406 wrote:
    maybe you have WORMS

On a more helpful note. Everyone 'hits the wall' once in a while. If you keep pushing yourself when you feel like that, eventually you'll throw up, then feel on top of the world after having done so.

Jesus you getting me worreid I hope I dont have worms!! Allthough I'm not feeling hungry all the time?
  • god1406
    god1406 Posts: 554
    haha. It's something people did when the forum was still at mbuk.com

every medical symptom was diagnosed as an acute case of Worms.

never mind! :roll:
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hmmm - a similar thing happened to me last night (feeling sick and fainting rather than an acute case of worms :wink: )

I had to stop riding as I feeling really pants and didn't want to faint whilst riding and smack into something - and managed to ruin someone elses ride who had to ride back with me as they look after my bike :oops:

No idea what caused it. I always ride at my own pace and yesterday was no exception, and I had eaten lunch etc etc. I've done quite intense training in the past and it wasn't just a case of working too hard (as I wasn't!). Maybe just an off day I guess..... :(

I'm still bloody annoyed with myself anyway!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    It happens, maybe you were over tired from work or lack of sleep, these things can cause you to drop.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    True... I'm not usually a wimp though - i'm a grit your teeth and get on with it kind of girl!

Fingers crossed for next week :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Anonymous
    Maybe cycling was just catching up with me? I always bomb it going as fast as I possible can usually when the wind is blowing me I do frequent burts up to 25+ mph infact today from college with my big heavy back on and baggy trousers that were falling off me I hit 32mph but maybe I'm pushing myself too much.

I always intend of taking it steady but end up bombing it especially when I seen a cyclist coming up behind me I feel like racing then :?

I tried some lucozade tablets? Apparently they are good to boost energy but never really did anything for me :\.
  • xcracer
    xcracer Posts: 298
    Sounds like you need to eat properly.

Peanut butter sandwiches and yoghurt is not proper food. Nor are lucozade tablets or any other magic beans.

Did you parents not tell you that you should have 3 square meals per day???
  • Anonymous
    xcracer wrote:
    Sounds like you need to eat properly.

Peanut butter sandwiches and yoghurt is not proper food. Nor are lucozade tablets or any other magic beans.

Did you parents not tell you that you should have 3 square meals per day???

No we usually only have 2 meals a day, I have 3 tho.

Morning I have corn flakes, dinner I have maybe chicken pie and vegys and weggies or could be sunday dinner, and usually for 3rd or even a 4th meal I have pack of rice, a tin of tuna or the sandwich with peanut butter and cottage cheese and peanut butter is high in protein and actually quite good and I have wholegrain bread which is ok, sometimes I may have jacket patatoe, coleslaw and also tuna too.