Welwyn last night

4candles
4candles Posts: 240
edited May 2008 in Track
oh that was hard work... maybe i should ride more in the winter.

lol.
4C.

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    First Monday night training session of the year on fixed? Now where did I put the knee grease? :shock:
  • 4candles
    ...mmmm, yeah pushing a 90" gear didn't help either, may be 88" next week !
    :lol:
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Hard work? I am taking more clothes next week to keep warm 8)
    Bronzie why didn't you go?
    If your interested I am off to Newport Firday training and as racing starts next week may be last visit for a while.
  • 4candles
    Hard work? I am taking more clothes next week to keep warm 8)
    Bronzie why didn't you go?
    If your interested I am off to Newport Firday training and as racing starts next week may be last visit for a while.

yeah hardwork.... mind you when Gerry Edmonds (R.I.P.) ran the training over there he used to say 'training should be harder than racing'...

i thought that racing starts 7:15 this friday...?!
  • oldwelshman
    No, this week is training on friday, racing starts next week.
    Which bike were you on? I am easy to spot on my yellow 853 frame .
  • Bronzie
    Welshie - I get Tues and Thurs as my training nights at the mo otherwise SWMBO turns ugly. I also find Monday nights at Welwyn tends to involve too much standing around sometimes (getting cold as you say).

First MKCA Bowl race this Thurs, so I'll do that as training as I don't stand a snowball in hells chance of picking up any points!

Can't make Newport this Friday (again), but I'm all set for the first track league at Welwyn on the 25th although I'm going like a bag of spanners at the mo so you may have to give me a push :wink:
  • 4candles
    No, this week is training on friday, racing starts next week.
    Which bike were you on? I am easy to spot on my yellow 853 frame .

...the one and only 531SL Condor or the 'Pink' one..

i also have a white 853 and a yellow Columbus Spirit Keirin track bikes too, all from the same place in London.

am away friday see ya monday.
  • oldwelshman
    Bronzie, it was a bit better this week, with a few routines to work the legs a bit and still make it interesting for the beginners.
    First race is Friday so will be there if dry.
    I raced last week MK, will be there thursday again.

I am organising a midweek trip to Newport soon for some specific training with standing starts, pursuit, team and individual, 2 man sprint testing etc and some basic fitness work. This is with a view of entering the masters and sorting teams out.
    We will probably be looking for a couple of people to join us to take number to 12 if interested, for a fee of course :-) Should not be more than £10 or £15.
  • Bronzie
    We will probably be looking for a couple of people to join us to take number to 12 if interested, for a fee of course :-) Should not be more than £10 or £15.
    Yeah, let me know when - struggle to get Weds off normally, but we are pretty slack at the mo, so I could perhaps wangle one.
  • 4candles
    Someone told me that there were a few stack ups last night (12.5)...

They also had the Derny out.

I assume therefore BC have got the insurance sorted out for the Dernys now, because thats why they have had international pacers at Herne Hill because BC weren't prepared to pay out for a policy. Can anyone shed any more light on this subject ?
  • Bronzie
    Have never seen dernys at Welwyn in training (but then I don't go often these days) - the Welwyn organise the DernyFest every year - 19th July this year if you want to pencil it in the diary. Think the pacers are all BC approved or ratified for competition.
  • fasteddie
    fasteddie Posts: 7
    There was at least two crashes i saw!
    It was my first time on the track last night! the derny's were not usual then?