Machynlleth

jeffers696
jeffers696 Posts: 328
edited April 2008 in MTB rides
hi, anybody been to Machynlleth and ride the cli-machx trail? was thinking of going there this weekend instead of coed y brenin. would be greatfull to know how hard and stuff
Specailized Enduro 08 - Beast
OnOne 456

Comments

• Hey Paul

I have ridden Cli-Machx once, it is a pretty easy trail to ride with a long fire road drag from the gravel ( no facilities, badly sign posted from the road ) car park up to the 1st real piece of action, the trails are very narrow which helps to make them more exciting as they are not very steep and need the narrowness to make them more of a challenge. The surface is a loose shaley type of surface which due to the lack of traffic is hardly worn and a bit skitty, however the last section back down to the car park is pretty awesome! its pretty steep with lots of berms and undulations, Rocks did I mention Rocks? yeah lots of rock on this last descent!

In short, If I was passing again and had a few hours spare I would probably ride again, but if I had to choose to ride between Coed y Brenin and Mach then it would be Coed y Brenin All day long.

Have you tried Llandegla? Penmachno? (I haven't ridden Penmachno, Marin only but my mate rates Penmachno)

See My Video footage here of Cli-Machx

http://www.27gears.com/video2.html

Hope this helps?
    www.27gears.com

Sore ribs.................I must start walking the trail 1st before steep descents into the unknown!
  • jeffers696
    jeffers696 Posts: 328
    cheers mate, might give it ago, since i allways go to coed, on the vid it looks pritty fast and flowing
    Specailized Enduro 08 - Beast
    OnOne 456