stolen bike website

cannyscott
cannyscott Posts: 41
edited April 2008 in The bottom bracket
thought this site was worth a mention, maybe you know about it.
www.stolenbikelondon.blogspot.com/

the map is interesting especially as recently i heard of profesional bike thieves repeatedly steeling bike from the same roads in east london

Comments

• jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    I am sure I have seen that luminous green Langster in Putney!!
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • Gotte
    Gotte Posts: 494
    I had two bikes stolen from behind my house in 1978 (that was back when you tended to leave things at the back of your house) One bike was what we called then a tracker (the precursor to mountainbikes - but that's a different thread) and one was, quite frankly, a wreck. The wreck, in true masculine style, was assigned to be my sister's bike.
    After we reported them stoled the Police actually sent round two plain clothes detectives.
    I kid you not.
    We never got the tracker back, and as such my claim to inventing the mountainbike went down the pan, or rather, probably got stripped for parts in some dickweed's shed, but the wreck was actually returned. A couple of days later we found it at the end of the street. It was obviously too bad to keep.
    Again, I kid you not.

Ahhh, a different world.

the wreck of course got stripped down and used as the basis for my next tracker, and again, in true masucline style, my sister got nowt.