cold legs

dawson0
dawson0 Posts: 6
edited April 2008 in Health, fitness & training
Hi folks,

I have a question about temperature and my legs.... bear with me...

A bit of background:
I used to ride loads when i was 18-20, but kind of lost touch after finding out about beer etc
I now have 2 kids, girlfriend, house etc

Last year I started riding again and felt like I was getting back into the swing of things pretty well considering I had done absolutely no physical activity in the interim (I am now 30)

This year I have a new bike and I have been making a concerted effort to get out on the bike every weekend. Just after Christmas I did a few rides which were ok, but yesterday I was out and my legs felt sh*t.

I know it was a bit cold, but I had some long shorts (3/4 jobbies) and the sun came out while I was riding and I didn't feel cold.

My question is this - do I put it down to cold legs or is this a classic case of having an 'off day'?

Opinions and comments appreciated!

cheers
Dawson

Comments

• cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Define shit? I wear tights until summer as my knees start to hurt if they get cold. Shorts by themselves wouldn't help.
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • dawson0
    They are 3/4 length shorts, quite heavy cotton - not 'technical' type fabric.

As I said above, my legs felt fine, temperature wise.

I think I will put it down to an 'off-day' and try harder next time!

I think I might try mixing my route up for a bit of variety, but then I won't be able to do a back-to-back comparison.

Ho-hum, I think I may be obsessing about a 'non-issue'.

cheers
    dawson
  • dawson0
    i seem to be doing a lot of 'thinking' in the above message!
  • xcracer
    xcracer Posts: 298
    It's called getting old mate! :wink:

Welcome to the 30+ club!
  • dawson0
    god, i hope my performance doesn't continue to degrade at the same rate over the next few years then!

I'll be the one on the full-sus mobility scooter by the time I'm 40!

cheers,
    dawson