Track Worlds - convert

BUICK
BUICK Posts: 362
edited April 2008 in Track
I took my girlfriend to the opening night of the Track Cycling World's on Wednesday - I think she went along just because she knew I'd enjoy it. Imagine my pleasure and surprise when a couple of races in she was on her feet shouting with joy and cheering the competitors on with the most enthusiastic of them! A couple of days later she mentioned that she'd like to have a go on the rollers and build up some fitness... one step closer to the dream!
'07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
'07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    BUICK wrote:
    ... one step closer to the dream!
    That's great that she got into the spirit of it, but as the saying goes "be careful what you wish for".............my mates wife is an equally avid cyclist and while he enjoys being able to spend a pasttime together, he sometimes wishes he could just do his own thing without having to make sure she doesnt want to tag along...........especially when he's going crap and she can kick his butt!
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    BUICK wrote:
    I took my girlfriend to the opening night of the Track Cycling World's on Wednesday - I think she went along just because she knew I'd enjoy it. Imagine my pleasure and surprise when a couple of races in she was on her feet shouting with joy and cheering the competitors on with the most enthusiastic of them! A couple of days later she mentioned that she'd like to have a go on the rollers and build up some fitness... one step closer to the dream!

sounds a bit like my OH, she bought me a track taster session for my b'day which she come to watch. Second part of the b'day pressie was tickets for tonight, she loved it (along with our 6 yo). She's now saying that when I go back for another track taster she might have a go!!

and our boy is asking when he is going to be old/big enough to have a go!!

:lol:
  • BUICK
    Awesome! To be honest if the missus could kick my ass on a bike, I'd be proud - and then work even harder so that I could beat her! How was the taster session on the track? I'd absolutely love to have a go and it's not THAT far away from Leeds - I do wish there were more tracks around though! Can't understand why there isn't one in every town! :lol:
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    BUICK wrote:
    Awesome! To be honest if the missus could kick my ass on a bike, I'd be proud - and then work even harder so that I could beat her! How was the taster session on the track? I'd absolutely love to have a go and it's not THAT far away from Leeds - I do wish there were more tracks around though! Can't understand why there isn't one in every town! :lol:

The taster was excellent. I was a bit apprehensive beforehand, no gears, no brakes, steep banking, falling off etc......

But its surprising how quickly you take to it and get used to it, within 10 mins I was up the banking without thinking about it. Although the first time I was forced up to overtake someone I was cacking it in case I slid down and took the other person out!!

Give the velodrome a call, I think they do regular taster sessions, you can borrow a bike, shoes etc..... and it only cost £9 for the hour (and a few quid more for shoe hire).

some taster reports here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12555949

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12553885&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
  • BUICK
    Just looked through the link Hammerite. Cheers! I'm really excited about giving it a go. I would have booked already but the Mrs dropped hints that it might already be arranged :twisted: