leisure lakes, tarleton

jmeadows
jmeadows Posts: 335
edited April 2008 in MTB rides
anyone know if there is a trail or alike at leisure lakes? if so is it any good and how long is it etc? :)
never hurts your eyes to look on the bright side of life...

Comments

• sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I believe there is but not done it yet...don't hold me to this info tho :oops:
  • jmeadows
    cheers, have emailed leisure lakes but as yet no response, it will be great for me if there is, its only really just past southport, so not too far away at all :D
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    If you do go..let me know what its like will you please?..its not too far for me to get to so i'd like to go sometime if its worth it :D
  • jmeadows
    nota problem, will let you know when i get some feedback off them, hopefully 2moro.. :)
  • Not sure if it's up to it's old standards, not that I've ever ridden it.
    I think I've read somewhere recently that they have cancelled this years race season here.

jmeadows, I'm just the other side of the motorway from you, over the Bull Bridge.
    Where do you ride locally? The Lines?
  • kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    is this the one labeled as preston, cause they dont have the xc loop anymore
    what are brakes for again
  • Yep it's the Preston one.

Looks like sticking to the normal rides in the area then eh!
  • kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    i think it might still be possible to ride around the lake but it will be just flat
    what are brakes for again
  • jmeadows
    john climber, yeh the lines, done the canal to the ship 2day then come back on the lines.
    usually do the lines to southport, hit the bypass, through formby, hightown, crosby marina, litherland then back to aintree on the canal, that ones about 30mile with good mixed terrain.
    still waiting for response off leisure lakes with fingers crossed! :twisted:
  • jmeadows
    its official, the old trail at leisure lakes is now the moto-cross track :cry:
  • Fancy an early morning blast this Saturday?

7am to 9am (busy day ahead)
  • jmeadows
    looking like work this sat am afraid john.
    u goin races?
    av gota puncture prob to mate, cant get inner tubes for my tires- 29x2.1 and being a fairly new rider i thought i was invincible to sloweys, until last weekend.
    when i inflate i am good for about 8/9 hrs, then its totally flat mate. lesson learned.
    will defo be up for it sooner rather than later john, thanks for offer .
  • "cant get inner tubes for my tires- 29x2.1"

Just use 26" tubes as they will fit OK. Or just use a patch.

When your ready to ride just PM me from my profile. Do you night ride as we go out locally every Thursday from 7pm