British Summer Time - at last!

MartinJ
MartinJ Posts: 104
edited April 2008 in The bottom bracket
Tonight - got home from work and went for a 30 mile ride in the sunshine! 8) It nearly felt like summer! :D

Great to enjoy a daylight ride in the evening - seems a long time since I could do that!

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Amen to that - this is definitely my favourite time of year - longer days, spring flowers and blossom and the magical sound of a distant lawnmower in action (not to mention the smell of fresh cut grass 8) ).

AND I'm off to the Tour of Flanders with the club for a wicked weekend. What more can I ask for! :D
  • yep. 20 miles after work last night without the need for lights. The best bit though was as it was quite mild it didn't take 15 mins just to get dressed either :lol:
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Aye, but damn wind back this a.m.!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • doobie919
    doobie919 Posts: 119
    It's nice that it's warming up. I arrived here in the UK to grey skies and water pummeling my head as I rode my bike around town, but now it's actually nice to get out, and not just a necessity to keep me from boredom.

Still can't wait to get my road bike.
    2007 Fuji Newest 3.0.
    !!Upgrades!!!!!
    Cateye Velo 5 Computer

2009 Mongoose Subject BMX
    !!Upgrades!!!!!
    Sky blue tires
    New seatpost and seat ( made by pivotal)
  • EdHarris
    EdHarris Posts: 81
    I did a ride over the Downs to Eastbourne and coming back over the hills into the evening sun was terrific. This is the type of weather I've been missing for 3/4 months and am looking forward to many evening sunshine miles in the summer.
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    It's been great this week to get out after work with no lights, get off road & enjoy the sunshine... March has been a low point for my cycling so lets hope April contiunues the way it's started so I can get back with it.
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Well it does mean that the start of daylight is now an hour later and gets dark an hour later, but as usual means i'm struggling to adapt. Was awake at 0500GMT this morning, arrived at work 0730GMT. Last week i was in at 1000GMT. I was expecting to be struggling to get in, in time
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    nwallace wrote:
    Was awake at 0500GMT this morning,

Is it not BST now? 8)
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    a_n_t wrote:
    nwallace wrote:
    Was awake at 0500GMT this morning,

Is it not BST now? 8)

OK how about 1700 CEST?
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Ashley_R
    Ashley_R Posts: 408
    Either way its too near to work tomorrow morning!! :evil:
    You can lead an elephant to water but a pencil must be lead
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I've woken two days running listening to the World Service rather than the Today program.

As bright and quiet as the roads have been lately, I wouldn't like to venture out in that wind.
    Monday (31st) has been a one off recently where I am and it’s with regret that I only managed to cram in 25 miles before work. It really was exceptional. The forecast rain didn't arrive and I regret not getting out till nearly 10:30am.

I'm really hoping for a good summer weather wise. I'll likely be slinging the thick end of 2.5k at a new bike and with only working a twilight shift (5pm-9pm) mornings are good for me during the week. Hope to make the most of it as this will hopefully be my last year in this job before shifting to a 9-5.

Other than commuting by bike I wonder where some of you guys and gals manage to fit it all in. :?
    There's a lad I used to ride with who other than Sunday has jacked it all in since taking up a regular 9 till 5.