Saracen Zen 2

JCJC
JCJC Posts: 162
edited April 2008 in MTB buying advice
Anyone got one, have any comments on them ?

Cheers

Comments

• wop
    wop Posts: 41
    Get one!

There was a review in one of the mags recently and it scored really well.

If the 08 is anything like the olduns, its an awesome bike.

I had an 06 before i got my orange five, my mate is currently running the zen with no problems.

The only other option that comes close is a marin B17, which i was considering before i bought the zen.

Both bikes are good.
  • JCJC
    Sounds good. I saw that review, but I think it was the Zen 3 ?
  • zen 1,2 and 3 all use the same frame
  • wop
    JCJC wrote:
    Sounds good. I saw that review, but I think it was the Zen 3 ?

Well i think they put a zen1 up against some £1000 bikes and it still scored well.

Have a look in the reviews section on here i'm pretty sure its there.

The only difference between them is the specs, they don't ride like a normal xcbike - stiffer backend and longer forks but shed loads of fun!
  • JCJC
    Cheers - looks good. My current bike is a jump bike and I like riding downhill , so I like the idea of a longer fork and bigg rotors ...

I heard that Saracen is not such a reliable brand (compared with Spec, Orange etc). Is this true ?
  • pric3y
    pric3y Posts: 1
    i got a zen 2 (08) and its an amazin bike, light and really easy to ride. not much else to say really... :)
  • wop
    I heard that Saracen is not such a reliable brand (compared with Spec, Orange etc). Is this true ?[/quote]

Total bollox, its easily on a par with other brands!

Saracen and Marin basically invented the agressive xc style of bike between them and few have copied it.

My mate has a Marin B-17 and theres nothing between it and a zen2 in quality/price/spec.

Don't sweat it, you are getting an awesome bike!
  • JCJC
    Cheers. I am torn between a Zen 2 and an Orange G3 with alu forks and shadow xt rear derraileur (or however you spell it...) Will check out the Marin as well - thanks for the tip