Juicy 3 Query

jedi_master
jedi_master Posts: 888
edited March 2008 in MTB buying advice
Just after finding out some info regarding the juicy 3's before buying, Do they come ready to go and if so how long is the cable for the rear brake ? will it be long enough the fit a Avalanche 3 M Size.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    depends on where you get them from. Ask the seller, but normally brakes come with hoses that are too long and need shortening.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jedi_master
    jedi_master Posts: 888
    OK cheers, i'll email crc before i decide to order. Fingers crossed that they are the right length though otherwise it's another £22.99 for the bleeding kit.
  • mr mangos
    mr mangos Posts: 174
    I got mine from CRC and they were the perfect length for my large mongoose tyax frame (approx 75cm front and 125cm rear) but they were badly in need of bleeding so I'd buy the kit anyway if I were you.
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    Avid Juicy is a great brake but £23 for the bleed kit is a rip off.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=4793

The other option is spend the £23 on Shimano LX as the bleed kit comes with the brakes, uses mineral oil , supplied with a spare compression fitting if you have to cut to length and only takes seconds to bleed.