PX Stealth

Nickodemus
Nickodemus Posts: 94
edited April 2008 in Workshop
Hi All,

A while ago I bought the white PX stealth to use for doing Tri's and ultimately the Ironman. In the end i got an injury which prevented me from keeping up the training for the Ironman, but i've still go the bike and am thinking of selling the frame, forks and bars as i am just not doing enough TTs to justify the bike.

This isn't an ad for the bike; i'm not entirely sure i want to sell it, but I was hoping that someone would be able to suggest how much could expect to get for it. I bought it for about £2k (can't remember exactly how much), and that had full dura ace, and Pro Carbon wheels.

Exactly what would be for sale would be the full carbon frame and forks, carbon TT bars, stem, headset, carbon seatpost and PX saddle. Also the dura ace 10 speed bar end shifters and carbon brake levers.

Everything is in immaculate condition and has only be used for a couple of races and all dry miles.

Any ideas would be great; i have no idea how much i would ask!

Cheers,

Nick
"Bite off more than you can chew, and chew like hell!!"

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    50% and then whatever anyone is willing to pay.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • wildmoustache
    wildmoustache Posts: 4,010
    Nickodemus wrote:
    Hi All,

A while ago I bought the white PX stealth to use for doing Tri's and ultimately the Ironman. In the end i got an injury which prevented me from keeping up the training for the Ironman, but i've still go the bike and am thinking of selling the frame, forks and bars as i am just not doing enough TTs to justify the bike.

This isn't an ad for the bike; i'm not entirely sure i want to sell it, but I was hoping that someone would be able to suggest how much could expect to get for it. I bought it for about £2k (can't remember exactly how much), and that had full dura ace, and Pro Carbon wheels.

Exactly what would be for sale would be the full carbon frame and forks, carbon TT bars, stem, headset, carbon seatpost and PX saddle. Also the dura ace 10 speed bar end shifters and carbon brake levers.

Everything is in immaculate condition and has only be used for a couple of races and all dry miles.

Any ideas would be great; i have no idea how much i would ask!

Cheers,

Nick

I would hope to get at least 60% if it is in great condition ... but that's 60% of what it's currenlty available for, rather than 60% of what you paid for it. obviously the wheels aren't included so you'd have to deduct the value of those plus the tyres and QRs.
  • Wicked, thanks guys.

I've just gone through their customisation thing on the website and the same bike comes to £2067. Minus the groupset and wheels and it's about £1200, so i guess that's what i'll aim for!

Thanks again! :D
  • bryanm
    bryanm Posts: 218
    PX Stealth without wheels or groupset went for £750 on ebay last week. It's just at the start of the tri season so you may get some interest.
  • Hi Nick.

You can try advertising on the tri talk forum:

http://www.tritalk.co.uk/tritrade/

Cheers, Andy
  • Thanks guys!

Would you believe - i mentioned to the Mrs that i was thinking about selling the frame to get some cash and she won't let me!!! Goes against convention a bit huh?!?!

Cheers,

Nick