MTB riding buddies in preston?

Flash em
Flash em Posts: 4
edited May 2008 in MTB rides
Hey all
Im a student living in preston center looking for some people to ride with. I dont drive and im no pro but really want to further my riding ability. I Just got my bike back after some f**k nicked it so keen to enjoy and get the most out it.

Cheers, em

Comments

• beccalily
    beccalily Posts: 310
    I'm from Preston... I just usually go rivington, I dont drive either yet got my test soon though. Quite welcome to join me when I can drive. :)
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • beccalily
    P.S I also work in halfords on the docks so if you use that one come say hi if your ever in. 8)
    MySpace
  • Flash em
    Cool, cheers, sounds good. iv got £100 voucher to spend in halfords so will no dout be in soon! is it the bike hut you work in?
  • beccalily
    Nope I'm head tilly. I do a bit of everything though really. 8)
    MySpace
  • ChunkTT
    ChunkTT Posts: 39
    My best mate n bike buddy is off to Oz soon so Im looking for some local people up for rides. I'll give you a shout when he goes as I also get the estate car weve been using for the weekends.
  • rokhopp66
    rokhopp66 Posts: 39
    Hey all,
    Im also looking for some people to ride with. I've got some mates from work who like the offroad stuff which is great - we go to rivington, lakes etc. Im after some peeps who ride some street too! Around the docks is pretty cool but im told there are some other areas worth a look!
    Kona Cowan
    Specialized Bighit
  • nraponi
    nraponi Posts: 4
    Add me to the list too - both offroad and onroad (well preferably cycle path!). THe docks are good as is the park around the back of town by the river. Cuerdon (spelling?) valley park is a nice ride around too. I've worked out some circuits that I quite like ... but need to expand. There is a cycle route down by the side of the river by london road thats closed right now - but i'm going to try that as soon as its opened again.

Nick
  • rokhopp66
    rokhopp66 Posts: 39
    So is anyone up for some riding this weekend coming? I was exploring the docks a bit more last week and found some pretty cool bits which have drops, steps, gaps etc! Anyone interested?!
    Kona Cowan
    Specialized Bighit
  • Flash em
    Would defo be up for that ride but came home for 3 weeks on sunday, will be back up in 3 weeks time when mooving in to our new student house. Were next to that park at the back of preston center with the big river, so be handy.
    Docks sound good also, around near pets at home & halfords? Gota say never done street riding before but it looks wicked! do love to wizz through the streets in the evening when going to meet my mate from work! lol