Feel sorry for me guys........

bonk man
bonk man Posts: 1,054
edited March 2008 in The bottom bracket
Pity me as I stand on the M50 island on the A38 marshalling a time trial this afternoon.... its cold and persisting down.. :?
We have about 70 riders I think ....... hopefully they will get it over and done with quickly so I can go home. :D
Club rides are for sheep

Comments

• Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    Having cycled passed many marshals in my time - thank you :D
  • Burton
    Burton Posts: 172
    I thought I was having a rough time riding a TT near cranfield today, right up until I saw the marshals standing there in the p*ssing rain and 20 mile an hour winds!

Well done all of you!
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    And the riders with no umbrellas? :lol:
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia Posts: 405
    I don't race, but I know that no races/time trials/whatever could take place without efforts like yours. Good on yer mate 8)
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Last few miles pedalling today were pretty unpleasant - undoubtedly worse just standing!

As requested, pity hereby bestowed.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Thanks Bonk Man - it's a crap job I've done many times myself, but without people like you giving up their free time to do these sorts of thankless tasks, racing would end overnight in this country.

PS I LOVE the stares you get from passing motorists: "Mummy, why is that man standing on the roundabout in the pouring rain in a bright yellow jacket?"
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    On a 25 course I used to marshall on you could guarantee some motorist with a car full of kids would ask the way to Alton Towers. One was navigating with a Happy eater map.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • bonk man
    bonk man Posts: 1,054
    BAH.... we ended up with an excess of marshals so I could have stayed in bed.....and the bloody cyclists had scoffed all the cake at the HQ when we got back :?

However, due to the extra marshals I did get some great pictures of soaked and knackered looking riders gingerly navigating a slippery roundabout.
    :D
    Club rides are for sheep