carbon fiber v aliminum ?

lilactime
lilactime Posts: 86
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
so whats best . entry level carbon framed bike at £1000 with mid grade components . or top aliminum framed bike with mid range components £1000 .

Comments

• GuyGadois
    GuyGadois Posts: 37
    That is a tough question. The "best" is mostly rider preference. Some may love the feel of a bike and others may hate it. Tough to ask the best of something that has so much personal taste. the responses will be largely varied. best to go down to your local bike store and ride, ride and ride more.

Guy
    Creator of ProLog Cycling 2011 (also 2010, 2009 & 2008) - Excel based cycling log for avid cyclists
    http://www.ProLogCycling.com
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    I'd go with the carbon frame and mid-range components. 8)
    Why? Because:

1) I reckon the top end frame won't be any lighter than a mid range [current] carbon frame, and the carbon will offer a better ride.
    2) There's not much difference in performance between mid & top level spec these days.
  • doobie919
    doobie919 Posts: 119
    I;d go for comfort, but the carbon frame because components can be upgraded through time, but frames you need a new one if it doesn't fit or you don't like it.
    2007 Fuji Newest 3.0.
    !!Upgrades!!!!!
    Cateye Velo 5 Computer

2009 Mongoose Subject BMX
    !!Upgrades!!!!!
    Sky blue tires
    New seatpost and seat ( made by pivotal)
  • biker24
    biker24 Posts: 64
    they will both be good bikes so test ride them and get what you prefere to ride