Problem with dirt jam comps

konablaster
konablaster Posts: 135
edited March 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Ok,
I know these forks aren't the best in the world (tbh, i hate them), but its all i have at the moment. I was riding today and suddenly my forks went really really soft. So, i stopped riding and on the way home i could bottom them out by just riding. :shock: Any idea's what might be wrong?

Cheers.
Jump it. Huck it. Case it. Crash it. Get backup. Do it again.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what year are they?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • konablaster
    05 i believe, but i bought them pre-owned.
  • nicklouse
    Ok 05 dirt jam comps are Coil spring + elastomer so it sounds like you have broken something inside. open them up and look.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • konablaster
    i don't have the tool to take off the top caps, do you know any other wya to get inside?
  • nicklouse
    yes.

buy a tool that will remove the top caps. a socket or an adjustable wrench....
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There is a technical word for this, and it begins with an F.
  • konablaster
    yeah, thats about right :lol:. Does anyone know how to remove those annoying top caps? i tried today to no sucess. I can't seem to find the tool anywhere either.