cycling.tv-what has gone wrong?

sing_for_absolution
sing_for_absolution Posts: 1,908
edited March 2008 in Pro race
This was such a good site when it first began with their reliable live internet coverage. Once again, just like Het Volk earlier this year, their site has crashed for the E3 Prijs.

Comments

• scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    http://www.cycling.tv/channels/premium/ ... er?id=1102

Here's a direct link. I had to hit refresh a few times but eventually got it working.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • That's the link I'm currently on. I've refreshed it over 50 times, but without success. I shall continue to F5.
  • And now the login form doesn't work. :cry: oh well.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Another great day for cycling.tv

Why do they bother?
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • skut
    skut Posts: 371
    to be fair - I've been watching it fine at 1200 kbps for the last 40 mins...
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I had some internal server errors when trying to log in for the start, but I left it 10 minutes and then it worked when I tried again.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Why do people actually pay for their service? They've had nothing but problems for the last 2 years while other sites (like RCS for the Giro) seem to be able to show live streaming races to a lot more viewers without a problem.
  • Today I must apologise. cycling.tv have been very good and a brilliant ride once again.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    yeah no technical probs today, looks good on my 40" telly
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    Don't knock them so much...

With the on/off huge bandwidth sessions I imagine it's very difficult to get a reliable service...
    I don't know too much about the site, but they even provide the highlights for free. It enables me to catch up on the tdf once a year, and I thank them for that...

Maybe someone can tell me who else can even come close to their coverage of live races?