Paris Nice Highlights ITV4

kmahony
kmahony Posts: 380
edited March 2008 in Pro race

Comments

• Picture quality was rubbish and the Australian commentator was irritating. Oh well.
  • Picture quality was rubbish and the Australian commentator was irritating. Oh well.

That's to put it mildly. I gave up with the sound halfway through after one two many Jerolsteiner pronunciations. Few other teams and riders got interesting new names too.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Picture quality was rubbish and the Australian commentator was irritating. Oh well.

Same pictures are Eurosport were using, given the atrocious weather the pictures were as good as could be expected.

cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    Picture quality was rubbish and the Australian commentator was irritating. Oh well.

Same pictures are Eurosport were using, given the atrocious weather the pictures were as good as could be expected.

cheers
    MG

What, even on that bright and sunny Ventoux stage? Anyway this isn't an issue relating solely to this race. Their picture quality was also rubbish for their Tour coverage when compared to the same live pictures on Eurosport.
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia Posts: 405
    If I saw the end title correctly, it was an ASO production.
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Moray Gub wrote:

cheers
    MG

What, even on that bright and sunny Ventoux stage? Anyway this isn't an issue relating solely to this race. Their picture quality was also rubbish for their Tour coverage when compared to the same live pictures on Eurosport.

Possibly a cable/sat bandwidth issue?

Strava is not Zen.
  • WTF - regardless of picture quality why do ITV never seem to advertise the fact they're broadcasting these rare snippets. The same thing happened last year when they broadcast the Tour of Ireland ...
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I think they consider them cheap padding for the schedules, like World Tiddleywinks, or Beach Aerobics, or Skateboarding or something.

But considering the number of people who tune-in for the Tour, you'd have thought it worth sticking-up a trailer or two to say it's on.

I fell over the second half by accident, just turned-on the telly to get a weather forecast and it happened to be tuned to ITV4.

BTW, C4 are showing Langkawi in the middle of the night all this week, 04:55 tomorrow morning...