Did anyone see Chris Hoy's races last night?

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,538
edited March 2008 in The bottom bracket
Phenomenal!

(Apart from the 1st one :lol: )
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    I really thought that Hoy was going to get his ass kicked in that 3rd race, so glad he proved me wrong. The guy is just pure power, awesome to watch...

Great evenings racing in all, 3 Golds and a World Record.... Fantastic....
  • daniel_b
    Yep a stonking evening for medals, Victoria and Shanaize did a stonking job, as did Rebecca Rimero (?) in the individual pursuit.

I think the Sprint appealed to me more, as it is a direct competition, rather than round opposite sides of the track - it's easier to see what is going on!

I didn't think he had a hope in hell as they came off the penultimate bend, and I don;t think the commentators did either, astounding performance, and very inspirational I thought.

Looking forward to tonight for the final, and the weekends action too, Jess Varnish and Gumball 3000's favourite Lizzie Armitsead are on the track too.

Quite fancy going to watch some of this live next time.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Got it all on the HUMAX on series record so I'm going to have a cycling tv fest after my bike ride on Sunday - Mrs McBain is off to her relatives 8)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Coyote
    Coyote Posts: 212
    Did a road trip down from Scotland with a few of the lads and went on Wed & Thurs.

I cannot reccomend attending highly enough. The atmosphere last night was electric!!!! One after another the performances from the Brits were amazing.....and Aliaksandr Lisouski of Belarus winning the scratch race on Wed was brilliant too.

The venue is great and the world class action is non stop. A number of the riders wander around so its excellent if you feel the need to have an autograph.
  • noggincp
    noggincp Posts: 1,881
    the man has the biggest thighs I've ever seen
    :wink:

and his Dad has a belly to match :lol:
    <font>"Tongue sandwiches? Bleah! Eat what? But it\'s been in somebody else\'s mouth"</font>
  • Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 582
    Amazing comeback after the race one demolition...
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
  • Cyrenne
    Cyrenne Posts: 184
    I was there watching with my little lad, he was amazed Hoy caught and passed Bos in the last race!
    Certainly rekindles any interest I had in track sprinting since the Iron Curtain fell.
  • fearby
    fearby Posts: 245
    Met his mother once.....

She is a nurse at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary and one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Very proud of him - quite right too.
  • Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 582
    What about tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a star
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    The guy's an enigma - 9 world's champs in 4 disciplines and a fantastic ambassador for the sport. Bring on the Keirin.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • daniel_b
    Been watching it today, Pendleton, Hoy, Wiggins, Cavendish.

Absolutely stunning performances, I would love to see some of this live, is it rare for this to be broadcast on TV, is it a yearly event?

Cheers

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Only one word for TEAM GB ;AWESOME ..........
    bagpuss
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    Daniel B wrote:
    Been watching it today, Pendleton, Hoy, Wiggins, Cavendish.

Absolutely stunning performances, I would love to see some of this live, is it rare for this to be broadcast on TV, is it a yearly event?

Cheers

Dan

Obviously the world championships are annual events though they're unlikely to be in Manchester again for a year or two. However I can strongly recommend the Revolution winter track meetings at the velodrome. Not quite the significance of the world's but a superb and exciting evening.

We make a day of it by 4 of us going to Buxton for lunch and then taking a leisurely drive to Manchester for the racing. A bit more effort from the south but worth it all the same.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    I spent all saturday watching the bbc production of the champs - was really impressed with the way wiggo/cav rode the madison. confused the hell out of me; how does anyone keep up with what's happening there....? having said that, it was riveting to watch - all 200 laps. so much so, that me & mrs V are toying with going to ghent in nov for some of the 6 day. ferry is cheap enough & accom easy to find...... anyone else ?